South's FJ40 "Rebuild" (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

i like ss brake lines, but not the DIY stuff. i have a local hydraulic shop make lots of lines for me, both for brakes and clutch hydraulics. they're crimped, have a clear sleeve over them and they're pressure tested. not that expensive either.
then again, the oem rubber stuff usually lasts 20 years or more......

My line lock install pics below...
Switches are on the front of the center console so I can reach them even if the seatbelts have locked so I can't reach the dash. I bought the Summitt Biondio (sp?) for less than $100 shipped.
001.jpg
002.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks fellas for the info. Lash thanks for the picture they always help me see what I need to do and for the ride at SCC to show me how LL work.
Got some Parts in from ccot yesterday. Cleaned a bunch of stuff, cleaned and sprayed front of frame with Rust Converter from Eastwoods that stuff is NICE. Aslo painted the fire wall.
Stuff from Eastwoods: Sprays on clear dries black and then in a day or two spray with the chassis black. Make sure and wire brush any rust spots before you prime.
IMG_2697.jpg
IMG_2689.jpg

Update: Oil pan is done, put in new parking brake cable. Took off parking brake and found nothing inside! My new kit had almost everything I needed but I had to order 2 pieces. Front part of frame is painted. Waiting on the rest of my parts now. I will post some pics later.

Does anyone know what size bolt fits a 2f block for the water pump? I need to try and replace them the old ones look a little ruff on the thread end. I am also going to try and redo the PS bracket and alternator bracket. Any suggestions welcome!! The way they are now the belts do not line up, about 1/8in off. I have a plan for the PS bracket, but I have to find a way to cut piece that will connect to the block. Lenny I might be need yo plasma cutting services:).

incredible progress.......pics!!:popcorn:

Georg has P/S brackets

I think I have a "George" ps bracket out in the shop. Can check tomorrow.

southff4 said:
A couple of pictures>>>>

Jesus, Jrob is gonna be jealous...

wct49 said:
Jesus, Jrob is gonna be jealous...

I am........gonna have to make a spray paint run tomorrow!!:)

Looks terrific Todd!!!!!!......btw...can you clear coat???

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom