South's FJ40 "Rebuild" (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Lookin good!!!:cool:

I'd get the bolts from the dealer as well. They're not expensive.

Hth

Georg

Looks like he is gettin it fo real

SHUSH said:
jrob gets bored and bodean is on a "how little can I spend and wheel". kick

You nailed it!!

Thats more progress in a couple days than some of us have made in years. Flat out gettin' it!

Nice work Todd.

Damn Todd. I need to sell all my tools and cruisers because I am not worthy.

That is some impressive work. How do you get your wife to let you spend that much time
in the garage?

Damn Todd. I need to sell all my tools and cruisers because I am not worthy.

That is some impressive work. How do you get your wife to let you spend that much time
in the garage?

Sometimes I get a free day on the weekends:grinpimp: And this is what happens! Or I get to go work after we put the kids in bed.

Todd you will learn, as far as 40s, we have a polarization......Jrob and Bodean. jrob gets bored and bodean is on a "how little can I spend and wheel". kick

Really? Wrench, wheel, repeat a bunch....... then start telling people how they will learn.

Any advice on what I should do about brake lines? Most of the hard lines are bent here and there kinda go every which way. Some show some leaking at some of the fitting, tightend them up. Not sure if it helped yet. Plan is to add some line locks so while I do that I going to rework the lines. Bossman suggested electric LL. Question is how many do I need? 1front,1rear?

What Flex lines are y'all running SS or rubber.
This does have mini truck front disc and monte carlo rear disc conversion.

Any advice on what I should do about brake lines? Most of the hard lines are bent here and there kinda go every which way. Some show some leaking at some of the fitting, tightend them up. Not sure if it helped yet. Plan is to add some line locks so while I do that I going to rework the lines. Bossman suggested electric LL. Question is how many do I need? 1front,1rear?

What Flex lines are y'all running SS or rubber.
This does have mini truck front disc and monte carlo rear disc conversion.

I have had s***-for-luck on ss braided lines. Busted one at katemcy on the trail.

Regular OEM replacement rubber lines work fine.

For the hard lines it's surprisingly easy to bend. The cheap flaring kits are easy to work with too, just used one on my taco with good results.

No experience on LL. but I can say that when BM speaks I listen.

Really? Wrench, wheel, repeat a bunch....... then start telling people how they will learn.
I wasn't telling him how to wrench I was commenting, in regards to what he wanted to do with it, to ask Jrob and Bodean bc they have different approaches but ARE worthy of advice as they have followed the formula of wrench, wheel repeat. Quantify "a bunch" so ill know when I have something to offer.

Todd my apologies for jacking up your thread

I just replaced the front rubber brake lines and went back with rubber ones. They will work fine. Good idea to do the line locks while it's apart.

Whatever bossman says is always a good place to start ; )

It's not like I invented line locks or anything...

I suggest one front and one rear line lock. I get mine from Summit if that helps. Most parts stores sell rolls of brake line fairly cheap. It's a little softer than OEM line and easier to work with. Just keep it tucked up and secure and you'll be fine.

Oh, and I agree standard rubber lines are fine too. ;)

A line-lock will suffice for what you want to do. Get an electric-actuated one like Daryl's, and you'll be fine. Depress brake pedal, flip a switch / push a button, and you are locked. I'd stay away from the cutting brake, though, as you lose in-cab real estate, have to run lines into the cab, and it's really not needed for what you plan to be doing with this forty, Todd.

Plumb the LL's near the master and, as suggested, make sure the switches are within easy reach from the driving position. Cutting brakes are cool but the LL's are better suited to your needs.

Nice rig! Looks like you have plenty of advice on how to spend your money already. My only advice is once you have it like "you" want it leave it alone and enjoy. Build it right the first time and rock out! Can't wait to see it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom