SAS Solid Axle Summit #7 Official Page (2 Viewers)

SAS #7 Color Choices for Swag and Trail Flags

• • Yellow / Mustard

Votes: 12 13.0%
  • • Sky Blue

Votes: 6 6.5%
  • • Pollux Orange

Votes: 30 32.6%
  • • Spring Green

Votes: 6 6.5%
  • • Capri Blue

Votes: 7 7.6%
  • • Rustic Green

Votes: 31 33.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Which cruiser you taking this year Casey? The 40 sure looks good at the front of the convoy.
28 years of driving my 40 on road and trail trips is fun and satisfying for sure. This year will be the 60 again, given the amount of extra stuff required to set up registration and the event in general it's nice to have the much needed space.

I drove past a group. " I'm going to make this storm my Bitch " lol. One of the Greatest memories and stories I have from SAS. 12000 ft Wind. Snow and Hail.

19028.jpeg

28 years of driving my 40 on road and trail trips is fun and satisfying for sure. This year will be the 60 again, given the amount of extra stuff required to set up registration and the event in general it's nice to have the much needed space.
Hey, I’m sure the guy (forget his name) with the black pack mule 100series could squeeze another tub or two somewhere on his roof. 🤣

I’m more than willing to tote anything to Ouray if ever needed too.

Black Bear Pass is a one way trail. Please don't run it backwards
It's funny that it's brought up, the following Saturday after SAS is the one day a year the local club that adopted the trail get a permit to do it backwards. It's not as challenging as you would think, but one did have to winch last year. Was my first time doing it, honestly love going down into telluride, as the fear when you're looking down is much better than no fear looking up lol

DSC_0367.JPG

Only one other time I'm aware of going the wrong way was in an article I believe was in Toyota Trails a few years back.
Long story short, a couple had rolled their UTV somewhere above the steps and needed transport. A guy in an 80 series IIRC went up from Telluride and hauled the badly injured person back down to the waiting ambulance.

I drove past a group. " I'm going to make this storm my Bitch " lol. One of the Greatest memories and stories I have from SAS. 12000 ft Wind. Snow and Hail.

View attachment 3228305
I can’t tell you how many people I’ve told about that. Me and Alyssa still chuckle about running a set of “Hot Hands” to you and of course we can’t forget your pillow incident 🤣

What an epic day. I have a (kinda long) video of us riding 11 deep + dog through Telluride on your truck. I’ll have to upload it to share.

1674579806221.jpeg

1674579782123.jpeg

1674579669336.jpeg

Wow this is crazy. I've just remembered about this and it was posted on Sunday, and already sold out! Waitlisted :cool:

Registration for this event is scheduled (NOTE: the exact date to begin registration is NOT set in stone) to start at approximately the same time each year. At the beginning of each year, attendees start watching the previous year's thread. Glad you're on the waitlist. "May the odds forever be in your favor." ✌️

I would also point out 90 percent of the trails that are run at SAS are none technical (your Moms Subaru would make it ) it's the natural beauty, scenery, Family atmosphere and great people that bring me back every year !!!
This is what I am after, I will be in my small tire wheeler FJ40. If I was looking for hard core I would take 4573 and hit the Hammers. I look forward to a relaxing week with great views and meeting some new cruiser heads and maybe catching up with some old ones.

Dang, how the heck did I forget that?!

Chris power 💪🏼
I would point out his handle (particularly since he probably won’t see this) and that he reports it was supposed to be “blueGRASSboy” as he’s from Kentucky. He suspects the current spelling was due to his intoxication when he signed up for MUD. To which I said, nice going assboy…🤣

And he says he has plenty of room on his roof for whatever we need…

Last year we had some problems with gas containing ethanol at high elevations boiling in gas tanks. The gas stations in Ouray now have ethanol free gas. It’s a little more expensive but way safer. Ethanol gas can overwhelm the evap system at elevation.

Last year we had some problems with gas containing ethanol at high elevations boiling in gas tanks. The gas stations in Ouray now have ethanol free gas. It’s a little more expensive but way safer. Ethanol gas can overwhelm the evap system at elevation.
Anyone have any issues with diesel at that altitude? I thought I recall someone mentioning that in the SAS 6 thread?

Anyone have any issues with diesel at that altitude? I thought I recall someone mentioning that in the SAS 6 thread?
I don’t have a diesel cruiser but what I’ve noticed is that they smoke a lot at elevation. Usually the diesels are the tail gunners. Helps with mosquito abatement.

yup, less air for given fuel, more egt, more smoke

Mine hazes more at altitude at basically idle the whole time. Higher rpm, higher consistent load it goes away.

I don't know if they do a different mix on the mountains? I'd assume so, but I don't know for certain.

I try my best to never put gas containing ethanol in my 80 as it tends to pressurize the fuel tank even at lower elevations !!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom