SOLD SOLD. THANK YOU. Off-road trailer with fold-out tent, awning, and annex / sun room Price reduced to $4,999.00 OBO (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Off-road trailer with fold-out tent, awning, and annex / sun room Price reduced to $4,999.00 OBO

Bear Trailersports Trailgater overlanding and off-road trailer (2012) with Kakadu Bushranger 250 tent with awning and annex / sun room Price: $5,928.00.

EDIT:
See my CL Post: https://post.craigslist.org/k/4JpunYID7BG7TzZ2UTanww
See more pictures below and at end

I camped in this three nights at Overland Expo Mountain West. The 6 inch thick memory foam queen mattress is amazing. It is as good as a bed at home. Setup and take-down of the fold out tent is under 10 minutes. The awning was another 15 but provided luxurious outdoor living space. We had 50MPH wind gusts and the tent was solid. I added two guy lines but I am not sure they were needed. Other than 6 tent stakes, there are no other stakes of guy lines needed for tent setup. The side-room/awning is more involved with its metal poles, but really pretty easy and hugely functional (it has walls and a floor too if you want). If I was base camping a few days, setting up a hunt camp, or hosting a family reunion, I'd set up the awning. If I was moving camp daily I'd just set up the fold-out portion.

All that said, the off-road trailer alone is worth more than my asking price and the running water was nice to have.

That said, I'm ready to deal and get this sold! Fall is approaching, I don't want to keep storing it, I want to focus on trips I am taking this month.

My first asking price was based on tons of research and investment I made into fixing up the trailer. New price of $4,999.00 is the "lets get it sold price." If no one is stepping up at $4,999.00, I will accept the best offer I get. Its really an awesome setup at a screaming price! Thanks!

(If I am slow to reply its because I am out wheeling/overlanding/exploring!)

Original Post:
Denver, Colorado
  • This was last for sale 9 years ago. I bought it locally a few months ago. Its not the right trailer for me. It’s a bit to heavy to tow with my 80 and more tent than I need.
  • What I have done:
  • New tires and wheels (the LC70 series rims are staying with me. I have a great use for them.)
  • Tongue crack welded at critical junction to cross braces. TIG welded by certified welder.
  • Battery charged and held charge for months (this may be old, but electrolyte was full and holds a charge)
  • Water tank works
  • Cover zipper restitched to cover. Thread had failed, the rest is good.
  • New 7 way blade connector
  • Title in hand
  • What could be next: Awesome slide out kitchen at tailgate. It would be under the side room cover
The Trailer Base:
  • Bear Trailersports Trailgater trailer with all upgrades available
  • MFG price as optioned in 2012 was $5,465 (www.beartrailersports.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/Trailgator-order-form-2012.pdf).
  • 2021 Trailgater II similarly spec’s is now $8,250 (www.beartrailersports.com/off-road-trailers)
  • 3500 lb Dexter adjustable spine torsion axle. Currently about 20 degrees (estimated) upward torsion axle setup (about 2-3 inches) so I estimate you could lift 4-6 inches just by adjusting the splines. See for example www.tiedown.com/pdf/c1413.pdf
  • Goodyear Wrangler Kevlar, 265/70R16, like new tread depth, DOT Codes 4317 and 0119 (October 2017 and December 2018) on Tacoma black steel rims (these were Tacoma factory spare tires)
  • bolt pattern 6 on 5.5 (LC80, Tacoma, Tundra, etc) (can fit taller tires
  • Electric brakes
  • Max Coupler 360 degree articulating hitch (not the oldest style, not the newest style with wing)
  • Lockable tongue storage box with, trapezoid shape made to fit tongue, Chrome T-handle (replacement key on order)
  • Interstate 12V battery (this may be old, but electrolyte was full and holds a charge)
  • New 7 way blade connector
  • Toyota spare tire hanger under bed & in front of the axle
  • Tailgate
  • Step fenders
  • 2” rear receiver
  • 4 D ring recovery points
  • 23 gallon water tank mounted above axle with RV pump and hose spigot
  • 4 x 48 inch L-track/airplane tracks with 1 inch rings to secure load
  • Adventure Trailers 5lb propane cylinder bracket
  • 5lb propane tank (if you want it)
  • Box size, 84” x 52”
  • Box sidewall height (approximately 13 7/8”
  • Box lid flips up (with tent on it) to access trailer box
  • overall trailer height 41”-42” to accommodate tent section (keep this in mind if you are thinking to lift it)
  • trailer tongue apparently lengthened by previous owner
The Bushranger Tent and Annex/Sunroom:
  • The 250 is the largest tent section offered, great for a family or extra people. The inside of the tent has dividers to separate sleeping areas. Build quality reminds me of my OZ Tent
  • Thick queen newer foam mattress
  • can access trailer box from under mattress while tent is setup
  • comes with
  • Sunroom roof - doubles covered area
  • Sunroom wall (new in bag)
  • Sunroom PVC Floor (new in bag)
  • Extra older cover
  • Foam floor squares
  • tent can be removed and trailer may be used as a utility trailer
  • www.xpedbc.com/kakadu-bushranger
This same trailer before
Price: $5,928.00. Price reduced to $4,999.00 OBO

InkedIMG_6734_LI.jpg

InkedIMG_0670_LI.jpg

IMG_6737.JPG

Trailer (1).JPEG

Trailer (4).JPG

Last edited:
Hi Daniel,
Good looking trailer you've got there. Hey do you know the weight of the trailer with tent on and water tank empty?
I have an 8 that I would be pulling it with also.
Thanks.

Hi Daniel,
Good looking trailer you've got there. Hey do you know the weight of the trailer with tent on and water tank empty?
I have an 8 that I would be pulling it with also.
Thanks.
@jjohnny, I don't have the actual weight. The manufacturer says the 2019 version is 800 lbs https://www.beartrailersports.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/trailgater.pdf
I'd guess that tent is 150 - 200? Mostly because it also has a very heavy bag for the awning poles.

I'll try get it to a truck scale week of the 10th if not sold before that. I am showing it to a Rising Sun club member today.

Also, Monday I revised my price and had not yet updated it here. I'll change post 1 now. I want it sold!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom