SOLD SOLD - Northern VA (SoCal most of it's life): 2014 Lexus LX570 (Mall Cruiser) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 200 Series
Asking $36500 (Updated). Going up on Craigslist also.
20191224_121445.jpg

I had dreams of turning this into an overlander, but alas reality set in and it has been a Mall Cruiser it's entire life. Purchased L/Certified (CPO) at Carlsbad Lexus in January, 2018, drove it across the country in July 2018, and has been my wife's daily driver until now. We love the truck, but really need something bigger for 3 carseats (1 on the way!). I am sure you are familiar with the standard options, but here goes: everything works perfectly, no issues, and all maintenance completed since purchase at Carlsbad Lexus and Pohanka Lexus in Chantilly, VA. CPO maintenance has been completed (85k), but L/Certified Warranty is in place for at least a few more months. Most importantly, NO RUST - hence the SoCal purchase.

Comes with Perrelli Skorpion tires new at purchase in 2018. One is almost brand new due to replacement after screw embedded itself in the sidewall.

Minor Upgrades I have done:
- Wet Okole 2nd Row Seat Cover.
- Husky Liners Front, Middle, and Rear.
- Treated professionally for rust proofing with under body spray and body sealant (originally a $700 treatment) at Automotive Protection Services (Undercoating & Rustproofing) in Fairfax VA since July 2018. Just had the annual treatment which checks for any rust, cleans the underbody, and touches up the spray. You can maintain this treatment indefinitely by going in each fall for ($60).

Let me know if you have any questions or want any additional pictures.

20191224_121434.jpg

20191224_121457.jpg

20191224_121510.jpg

20191224_121811.jpg

Last edited:
Nice truck. Probably priced about 5k too high. I paid $34,000 for a clean 2013 fully loaded all options with 92k on the odo a few months ago from a DC area Lexus dealer.

Nice truck. Probably priced about 5k too high. I paid $34,000 for a clean 2013 fully loaded all options with 92k on the odo a few months ago from a DC area Lexus dealer.
Thanks for the information. I priced based on what I saw comparable vehicles listed for on here, but didn't see if they actually sold at that price. Not knowing the history of your vehicle, I believe that it helps the value that this car was primarily a SoCal vehicle until recently. That being said, I also am trying to be realistic and will adjust the price accordingly if it doesn't sell here. Also have a trip to CarMax on my to do list to gauge pricing.

Thanks.

Thanks for the information. I priced based on what I saw comparable vehicles listed for on here, but didn't see if they actually sold at that price. Not knowing the history of your vehicle, I believe that it helps the value that this car was primarily a SoCal vehicle until recently. That being said, I also am trying to be realistic and will adjust the price accordingly if it doesn't sell here. Also have a trip to CarMax on my to do list to gauge pricing.

Thanks.

True. Mines came from up North, so a little rust but nothing major. Your truck is super clean with a great color combo. Black interior seems to sell faster than beige. I also looked on cargurus.com. Gives you a good idea of pricing and how long a car has been sitting at that price.

Price dropped to $37500. Also, a few disclosures that I understand may be a deal breaker for some but want to ensure you know what you are getting:

- Small (dime) sized chip on lower passenger windshield. Repaired immediately via Safelite Autoglass in October 2019. No further cracking or splintering.
- 2 x Small (.5 inch) tears in leather on back of drivers seat and on inside edge of drivers door - approximately half way up from the floor. I used a home leather repair kit, which helps, but both are noticeable if you know where to look.
- 2 x approximately 12 inch surface scratches on front passenger side bumper from rubbing on plastic storage box while parking in garage.
- various minor surface scratches and imperfections - this is not a brand new vehicle, and I don't think they are noticeable unless you are looking very closely.

- Vehicle passed VA state inspection yesterday at Pohanka Lexus - no issues identified. I will update with pictures when I get home later today, but wanted to gauge interest as we are close to trading if the dealer can make it work. Obviously my preference is to sell to a private owner, and I would prefer to not have a trade-in as part of the new purchase equation.

Thanks and let me know if you have questions.

Last edited:
Pictures of disclosure items. It's very hard to see the chip in the windshield, but it is apparent if you look closely. Let me know if you have any questions. Thanks.

20191228_095644.jpg

20191228_095557.jpg

20191228_095606.jpg

20191228_095657.jpg

20191228_095717.jpg

whats the carmax offer? GLWS, I just bought a similar truck.

Asking $37500 (Updated). Going up on Craigslist also.View attachment 2165029

I had dreams of turning this into an overlander, but alas reality set in and it has been a Mall Cruiser it's entire life. Purchased L/Certified (CPO) at Carlsbad Lexus in January, 2018, drove it across the country in July 2018, and has been my wife's daily driver until now. We love the truck, but really need something bigger for 3 carseats (1 on the way!). I am sure you are familiar with the standard options, but here goes: everything works perfectly, no issues, and all maintenance completed since purchase at Carlsbad Lexus and Pohanka Lexus in Chantilly, VA. CPO maintenance has been completed (85k), but L/Certified Warranty is in place for at least a few more months. Most importantly, NO RUST - hence the SoCal purchase.

Comes with Perrelli Skorpion tires new at purchase in 2018. One is almost brand new due to replacement after screw embedded itself in the sidewall.

Minor Upgrades I have done:
- Wet Okole 2nd Row Seat Cover.
- Husky Liners Front, Middle, and Rear.
- Treated professionally for rust proofing with under body spray and body sealant (originally a $700 treatment) at Automotive Protection Services (Undercoating & Rustproofing) in Fairfax VA since July 2018. Just had the annual treatment which checks for any rust, cleans the underbody, and touches up the spray. You can maintain this treatment indefinitely by going in each fall for ($60).

Let me know if you have any questions or want any additional pictures.

View attachment 2165030

View attachment 2165031

View attachment 2165032

View attachment 2165034
whats the carmax offer? GLWS, I just bought a similar truck.
Let's just say it was significantly less than I am asking. I don't think they value these vehicles the same way that people actually looking for this specific vehicle do... Same thing with dealer trade-in. Unfortunately, I still owe on the car and can't take that large of a hit out of pocket just to get out of the vehicle. Will likely end up keeping it if it doesn't sell to private owner. Thoughts on how to deal with a low-ball CARMAX offer while maintaining transparency without undercutting your ability to sell?

Let's just say it was significantly less than I am asking. I don't think they value these vehicles the same way that people actually looking for this specific vehicle do... Same thing with dealer trade-in. Unfortunately, I still owe on the car and can't take that large of a hit out of pocket just to get out of the vehicle. Will likely end up keeping it if it doesn't sell to private owner. Thoughts on how to deal with a low-ball CARMAX offer while maintaining transparency without undercutting your ability to sell?

I think your price is pretty good now to start and should attract some offers. I would list it on CarGurus.com. That’s how I sold my Audi 2 years ago to an out of state buyer who had it shipped.
Your ad is already very detailed. Maybe take a walk around video to provide to interested buyers? Agree to a pre-inspection from Lexus/Toyota for serious buyers? Disregard any low ballers. You shouldn’t sell this truck for less than 35k. Hold out. It may be worth it in the long run instead of trading it in.

looks like you can find this truck all day at Carmax for what your asking. These trucks appear to depreciate about 5k a year, so if OP waits, truck will continue to drop in value. My only suggestion would be to list it in other places i.e. Autotrader, FB marketplace, craigslist.
I found my truck in Craigslist of all places. The rest were dealers with a large mark up and fees etc etc. I was pumped to buy private party because the price was right, but damn it was a pain in the ass. My .02.

Try vroom and carvana. I check vroom every couple months for my wife’s lease to see if the offer is good enough to dump it with some money in our pocket. Their offers vary month to month considerably (couple thousand swing) which I guess is based on their inventory.

Autocheck and maintenance history posted.

Attachments

• 2014 Lexus LX _ Ebay Autocheck.pdf
    1 MB · Views: 219
  • LX570 Maintenance History.pdf
    438.3 KB · Views: 193
Completed a Pre-Purchase Inspection at our local Lexus Dealer. The report is attached, but let me know if you have specific questions. The only items identified were a few I have listed above, and some routine maintenance that is upcoming.

IMG_0004.jpg

IMG_0003.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom