SOLD SOLD 1997 LX450 - Knoxville, TN - $10,000 - 180k miles (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1997 Lexus LX-450 / Landcruiser / Land Cruiser / LX450 / FZJ80 1997 Lexus LX450 - FZJ80 - Landcruiser

For sale is my 1997 Lexus LX 450 (Landcruiser) with 179,689 miles. I have owned this for two years and have finally decided to let it go. This has been a third vehicle for us that we use as a camping/exploring/weekend truck that I also drive once or twice during the week. My wife's 200 series Landcruiser is now going to take this spot when she gets something different. Don't need two Landcruisers (as much as I would like to keep it) so the older of the two has to go. I bought it from a family in Asheville that had just moved from Washington State. They bought it from the original owner (I'm the third owner) who had an accident that damaged the front and driver's side. The body was repaired and given a rebuilt certificate by the State of Washington DOT. I have owned 6 Landcruisers/LX-450 in the past 10 years and this is the best 80 series I've had. I went after it because of how solid the frame/drivetrain was compared to all the other 80's I've seen. Since owning I have:

1) Changed oil regularly with Mobil 1 Full Synthetic every 5,000 miles
2) Replace front, rear, and center diff fluid with Mobil 1 75W-90 gear oil (7,500 miles ago)
3) Replaced front seat leather, door arm rest leather, and center console leather
4) Added third row seats and OEM seat belts

The Good:
1) Low Miles
2) Does not leak oil, coolant, gear oil or anything that is supposed to stay in the drivetrain
3) Interior is perfect
4) Everything works except the power antenna (it is broken off and I've never felt the need to replace)
5) ZERO rust on the frame or body! (Number one reason I bought this one...cleanest I've ever owned)
6) New tires
7) Old Man Emu suspension lift
8) Old Man Emu caster correction kit installed (tracks straight)
9) ARB front bumper
10) Full set of Weather Tech liners
11) Comes with 5 Yakima load bars and a Thule faring
12) Comes with 8' wide ARB roll out awning
13) Comes with sleeping platform for rear that will accommodate up to 6'-6" adult on one side and 1-2 kids on the other.

The "Bad":
1) Paint is not excellent quality and the clear coat has started flaking in areas. Hood looks terrible.
2) Has a missing speaker cover on driver's side rear door speaker

upload_2017-11-2_10-6-58.png

upload_2017-11-2_10-7-17.png

upload_2017-11-2_10-7-41.png

upload_2017-11-2_10-7-52.png

upload_2017-11-2_10-8-2.png

What kind of tires? How high is the lift? And do you have any interior pictures?

What kind of tires? How high is the lift? And do you have any interior pictures?

Tires are Cooper Discoverer ATP in 285/75 R16
Lift is 2"-3"
Yes, I am uploading them now. I think they actually are above your post. Let me know if there is something specific you want to see.

Can you post pictures of the sleeping platform

34080924-1282-45BF-B5E8-829C00EF5E3E.jpeg

I don’t have a picture of it in this rig but here is a picture of it in another 80 i had when I took it out West. Room to carry a ton of gear underneath and sleep on top.

Is this vehicle still for sale? I'm interested. Live in Atlanta.
Yes it is. I will make sure to mark it SOLD when it sells. I’ll PM you my phone number you can text or call for info. Thanks.

you say it is locked but the OEM location for switch does not show switch, is Lexus different than TOY placement of that?

you say it is locked but the OEM location for switch does not show switch, is Lexus different than TOY placement of that?

I did not say it was locked. It does not have lockers.

Anyone want this? Ready to get it out of my driveway.

Surprising that this has not sold, good mileage and very clean with a few modifications it should sell for 10,000 easily

What is that on pax side fender flare low?
That was a temporary repair to a broken connector that held the flare in place. Flare has since been repaired and zip tie removed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom