Soft Shackles

Had a buddy of mine make me up some soft shackles out of 7/16 amsteel SK-78 at 23,900lbs strength....will see how much I like them...so much lighter than the steel shackle...

004.JPG

014.JPG

018.JPG

Crusha

Self-censoring my mud posts...
SILVER Star
Nice job!

I have a few of the Bubba Rope soft shackles and they have been used many,many times. I love them, they're light, strong, high viz green, AND they float!

I think you'll find yourself a convert.

John McVicker

SILVER Star

I've got both, soft & hard shackles...but I always seem to use the hard ones and maybe I'm worried about nothing, but the reason for using the hard ones first is that I'm worried someone will steal the soft ones if I leave them on the bumper like I do the hard shackles...so I carry them in my recovery bag.

I carry 4 hard shackles, 3 on the front bumper & one in the pintle on the rear. That way they are always there and at the ready. I never see anyone caring soft shackLes on their bumpers...has anyone 'ever' had their soft shackles stolen or vandalized? Again, maybe I'm worrying about a non-issue.

Last edited:

matzell

SILVER Star

I have found that using a shoft shackle in wet and muddy conditions brings out the suck! They get bound up and hard to use. Give me a hard rated shackle all day long!

Top Bottom