For Sale SoCal Toyota 1985 22RE SR5 4x4 Pick Up (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1985 Toyota pick up truck. Been in Southern California most of its life. Bounced back-and-forth between two families after originally been purchased in San Bernardino California. Run strong with the 22 RE motor and the odometer currently reads 211,000 miles and some change. Truck was smogged in December of last year… runs strong with the 22 RE motor and the odometer currently reads 211,000 miles and some change. Timing chain done approx 20ki miles ago. I recently performed a good amount of service work including: an exhaust manifold gasket, exhaust studs, New oil and coolant. SR5 model with bucket seats, manual transmission, working four-wheel-drive. I just put on brand new BFG 30 inch tires. Clean Carfax detailing the vehicle history. I hold a clean California pink slip in my name. Original paint is in decent shape. This is a great example of an unmolested truck. The windshield looks to have been replaced at some point in its life but all the rest of the glass is original… Included in the sale is the original maintenance manual, Jack, tire change kit.

10,500 obo
Nine five one 852 38oo

Keywords
22r FJ 60 landcruiser 4Runner 1st gen 2nd Cummins hilux oem Jeep wagoneer 62 FJ60 fj80
IMG_2506.jpg
IMG_2505.jpg
IMG_2504.jpg
IMG_2502.jpg
IMG_2503.jpg

I bought an '85 4Runner SR5 brand spankin' new. Same stripe package on charcoal grey. Black removable top. I loved that thing. Only thing I wanted was more power. Your truck looks mighty clean. Good luck!

What are the odds...I just posted this over in the 95 & Older Tech so others could drool over it..it's in really nice shape.

Solid 85 Survivor on CL

Either way, good luck with the sale. I'd say your price is a little steep for the mileage on the truck, but it is nonetheless an incredible truck and don't let my opinion on price detract from how amazing this thing really is. I'm sure you'll get someone out there who will pay that for it.

What are the odds...I just posted this over in the 95 & Older Tech so others could drool over it..it's in really nice shape.

Solid 85 Survivor on CL

Either way, good luck with the sale. I'd say your price is a little steep for the mileage on the truck, but it is nonetheless an incredible truck and don't let my opinion on price detract from how amazing this thing really is. I'm sure you'll get someone out there who will pay that for it.
Yota! Thanks for the kind words man. Price is a hard thing to gauge because there just aren't too many trucks left in this kinda shape. 22RE motors you can buy more of, original paint and graphics you can't. Thanks for posting 95 and older section, I LOVE THIS TRUCK but I've gotta come up with some scratch for a house and this is part of my plan

Great truck! This will make some one very happy. Great rust free example. GLWS

Nice truck. Where'd you come up with that price? I'd be a player at $6000. GLWS

Price came from lurking forums, Craigslist and seeing that unmolested 80's Yota's just aren't out there.

For 6,000 it'll stay in my shed
I've been following these on Bringatrailer and a perfect one is 10K with 100K less miles. For the year albeit its clean but fix the bumps and its a $10K truck. Asking price is one thing, lurk on bringatrailer they show actual sale price. GLWS. Wasn't trying to be s***ty.

I've been following these on Bringatrailer and a perfect one is 10K with 100K less miles. For the year albeit its clean but fix the bumps and its a $10K truck. Asking price is one thing, lurk on bringatrailer they show actual sale price. GLWS. Wasn't trying to be s***ty.

Yea been watching BaT as well. Pretty regularly going for 10 plus with a repaint. Original paint tends to go for more. You can get a new 22re for 2000 bucks installed. Original paint on a chassis that hasn't sat in the salt all its life is a hard to find combo. I get this truck is priced over most guys heads but I think someone that can appreciate it will come along soon enough. AND I'm the one that should apologize for coming off s***ty...not my intention. If you love Toyotas, we are def friends!

Yea been watching BaT as well. Pretty regularly going for 10 plus with a repaint. Original paint tends to go for more. You can get a new 22re for 2000 bucks installed. Original paint on a chassis that hasn't sat in the salt all its life is a hard to find combo. I get this truck is priced over most guys heads but I think someone that can appreciate it will come along soon enough. AND I'm the one that should apologize for coming off s***ty...not my intention. If you love Toyotas, we are def friends!
Hey man I have thick skin and am a total Toyotaholic. Ive had 3 of these older yota's and can't believe I've sold them (are you sure you want to sell?!) a bunch of 40's, older supra, celica unicorn (all-trac turbo) wish they were all sitting in a barn somewhere but its just not the case. Anyway just sell it on BAT so I can buy it...lol. Really though GLWS. She's a beauty.

Price came from lurking forums, Craigslist and seeing that unmolested 80's Yota's just aren't out there.

For 6,000 it'll stay in my shed

I'll be the first to say that it is a gorgeous truck, it definitely caught my eye when I saw it for sale. It is a really sweet piece!

I've been in the Toyota/minitruck game long enough to know what these things sell for, and they can bring good money. I personally believe that $10,500 is a little ambitious for a 30 year old truck with over 200k miles on it. Most of them sell for $2,500-$3,500. BUT yours is special. It's a nice solid survivor which is why I truly think it's worth around $7k - $7,500. You might get lucky and get someone who really wants it and wants to shell out some extra cash, but I really think it falls in that price range.

But let me say, this is an awesome truck man, and I really think you SHOULD just keep it or at the very least sell it to someone who appreciates it...I'd say if @Hoz FJ40 CO offered you something between the range I gave you, take it and let an enthusiast enjoy it and let you enjoy your new house!

Either way, good luck with whatever you do with it man!

Hey man I have thick skin and am a total Toyotaholic. Ive had 3 of these older yota's and can't believe I've sold them (are you sure you want to sell?!) a bunch of 40's, older supra, celica unicorn (all-trac turbo) wish they were all sitting in a barn somewhere but its just not the case. Anyway just sell it on BAT so I can buy it...lol. Really though GLWS. She's a beauty.

Ha, you def should've kept a couple of the 40's! Since I first made this post, I've closed escrow on the aforementioned new house so I'm a bit more inclined to keep this truck. As you pointed out, I'll probably kick myself if I don't

AND for the record...In my experience, offers made in person tend to work out better than ones made online on a public message thread.
Totally agree...cash in hand offers are what I usually do but haven't planned on visiting OR anytime soon. Keep the truck, pull the post and enjoy. Congrats on the new house.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom