For Sale SoCal: Section 143- disc brake backing plate eliminators- (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

65swb45

Elder Statesman
Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
www.marksoffroad.net
I've been selling this low cost alternative to the disc brake dust shields for a couple of years now, mostly wholesale to several of the cruiser shops, but, largely as a function of being a one-man show, basically forgot to promote them MYSELF!!!

Least there be any doubt about where they come from, I had the newest batch monogrammed!:grinpimp:

$21 for the pair, $12 to ship in the U.S.

Add a dollar for paypal.

Minimum order requirements apply.

Thanks for supporting a MUD vendor.:)
CIMG0674.jpg

www.marksoffroad.net

Last edited:
Is it "better" to run without a dust shield?
'

From what I've been told, they're a good way to catch rocks and debris when off-roading.

I've gotten lots of rocks and twigs and stuff stuck in between my dust shields and rotors. i hate that squealing sound when that happens. a couple of the rocks have gouged the rotors. I'll be getting a pair as soon as i'm ready to rebuild my knuckles.

I'm about to do my front end, so I'm interested. Are there downsides to eliminating the backing plates? Toyota must have put them there for a reason, right?

-Chris

i've installed quite a few of these and they work great. i always keep a few sets on hand for jobs at the shop. good stuff! :banana:

upside: no chance of bending a backing plate by hitting a rock and having to listen to it squeal itself to death. also the chances of debris getting caught in the knuckle or behind the backing plate are pretty much eliminated.

downside, no air being diverted to the rotor like the later backing plates do so the brakes and and will run a little hotter. but that all has to do with vehicle speed. also, you end up loosing the ability to run the oem hard brake line from the caliper to the backing plate brake line junction block. so you'll have to run new longer flexible brake lines from the caliper directly to the hard line on the front axle housing.

hth

georg @ valley hybrids

Bump for the peoples with fresh Christmas money ...

an ever-popular reminder.;)

Bump so you don't have to hack up your $75 worth of backing plates ;)

Thanks Alf. Someone called and left a message. I called them back and left a message.;)

Just a friendly reminder...

Bump for the fire sale.

If you've never bought from me before, take a few minutes to browse my website.:)

I can't get used to the apparant fact that I see the link clearly with an iPhone , but androids don't.

www.marksoffroad.net

TTT. Just sold 20 sets wholesale.

Holiday bump.

Hey Mark - add these to my hazard switch order. I called but your machine never picked up...all I need is a grand total and I'll send funds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom