SoCal 80's Mods (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.markkuz.com
Hey Mod's, it would probably be a good idea to put a sticky at the top to introduce yourselves incase we need any help in here. Also I was informed that you did not know how to create sticky's for our group.
Here is what Woody IM'ed me on how to create a sticky.
All mods can use Thread Tools > Stick Thread to get them "stuck" to the top of the sections.
Mods also have the same power to Delete threads, using the options available in the Thread Tools.

And now if I could put in the first Sticky submission.
"07 Search Of The Perfect Trail" And first deletion, "In Search of the Perfect Trail"

I thought this was going to be a thread about "Modifications", not "Moderators".

Damn!

Seems to me that we should have mods that are on the board more often too.

I never see tornadocruiser on and i know Tare is super busy.

Sounds like we have a volunteer. :grinpimp:

LandCrusher'70 said:
I thought this was going to be a thread about "Modifications", not "Moderators".

Damn!

Gotchya Reid. :lol:

Bluetribal if you look down on the bottom of the open page you will see the moderators listed by name. You can click on the name and PM them. I have attached stickys for the two threads. One was for introduce yourself to the group and the other was for the "2007 Search Of the Perfect Trial" thread. I will e-mail Woody to remove tornadoalleycruiser and add SOCALFJ as one of the moderators. If you guys need anything else let myself or SOCALFJ know. I personally log on and check the SoCal 80s site a couple of times a day.

Last edited:
Bluetribal no problem no offence taken, there was never any thought to who would be the moderators for this site. I requested Woody to set up the SoCal 80s page so he listed myself and tornadoalleycruiser as the moderators. I think all of boards need to have two moderators so tornadoalleycruiser was just dropped in by default. SOCALFJ should be a great addition to this site as a moderator. If he spends just 10% of his time moderating this site as he does on his Landcruiser we should be in good hands. In reality this site needs very little moderating. So far everyone on here has been respectful and considerate. I think I have only had to delete one post because it offended some members. I will leave it up to the group to decide but if we do not see any action on the “2007 Search of the Perfect Trail” thread I think we should unstick it. Again this is just my opinion, I think this board should be ruled by a majority vote. Thanks for the heads up on how to stick a thread. Last time Brett asked me to do it for his stickers and I couldn’t figure it out. I spent sometime last night going over the features of this board and learned a few new things.

Bluetribal no problem no offence taken, there was never any thought to who would be the moderators for this site. I requested Woody to set up the SoCal 80s page so he listed myself and tornadoalleycruiser as the moderators. I think all of boards need to have two moderators so tornadoalleycruiser was just dropped in by default. SOCALFJ should be a great addition to this site as a moderator. If he spends just 10% of his time moderating this site as he does on his Landcruiser we should be in good hands. In reality this site needs very little moderating. So far everyone on here has been respectful and considerate. I think I have only had to delete one post because it offended some members. I will leave it up to the group to decide but if we do not see any action on the “2007 Search of the Perfect Trail” thread I think we should unstick it. Again this is just my opinion, I think this board should be ruled by a majority vote. Thanks for the heads up on how to stick a thread. Last time Brett asked me to do it for his stickers and I couldn’t figure it out. I spent sometime last night going over the features of this board and learned a few new things.

I feel the same way.

I will leave it up to the group to decide but if we do not see any action on the “2007 Search of the Perfect Trail” thread I think we should unstick it. Again this is just my opinion, I think this board should be ruled by a majority vote.

Well, I am kinda bent right now at someone who passed me over in the For Sale section of the forums so this probably isn't a good time right now, but I will take a breath and go.

Alright, I know there isn't much action right now in the thread but it is kinda hard to ask people to go back 1-4 months to post up there trail runs. But as people go out such as next weekend to Sand Canyon I think that will be a big contender for trail of the year and as other people go out. That's why I asked for it to be stuck so that it wouldn't get lost in the shuffle. Then at the end of the year it is kinda like a year book of trail runs and then an excuse for us to have a huge outing. If this is a bad idea I will be shocked and so I am all for taking a poll but I will not start one because this is my baby.
And I haven't added a nomination yet because I have only been out with fellow cruisers on two trips so far and I think Reid would confirm that all though our two outings were a good time they were not worthy of being considered The Perfect Trail/Run.
So I guess that's my two cents and I will do my best to make sure to hit up everyone after trips to see if they would like to nominate there trips. :beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::);):D

Last edited:
Ill be adding one this month! Something a little different - more exploration/expedition style.

Im heading out with the TLCA Gold Coast Cruisers May 19-20 to Swansea Grade/Owens Valley. So, Ill be posting up on the Perfect Trail thread afterwards - Has any SoCal 80s member gone up there yet?

I think its a good idea at the end of the this year or whenever we plan and head up to the "Perfect Trail". :beer:

Leave it stuck - this one is meant to be there for a year so folks can post up for Trail of the YEAR.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom