SOLD SoCal 2004 GX470 156K Setup: 2" Lift Wheels Tires Maintenance DONE! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. GX460
Mileage
Color
Black
For sale:

Black 2004 GX470, with 2" Dobinson's lift, RRW Bronze wheels and 285 BFG's nearly new

156,000 Miles, AMAZING mechanical condition; strong V-8, does not burn, leak or otherwise use any oil. Transmission shifts perfectly. All the fasteners in the chassis and suspension are like new, have no rust, very clean underneath, no oil leaks, suspension and steering tight and right.

Big maintenance items all done at 140K including
GX.jpg
GX.jpg
:
1. Timing belt, idlers, tensioners;
2. Water pump, thermostat, all hoses;
3. Serpentine belt, idler and tensioner.
4. Front diff fluid change
5. Transfer case (center diff) fluid change
6. Rear diff fluid change
7. Brake fluid flush
8. Coolant flush
9. New forged sway bar links
10. Power steering fluid flush

2" suspension lift by Dobinson's with teal springs.
RRW forged bronze wheels
285 BFGs with recent alignment
No warning lights in the dash
AC is ice cold
2 keys
Tow hitch

Inside, you get exactly what you expect from a GX: the dash is cracked, the seat leather looks like Lexus leather, the speakers crackle a little at high volume, and the sunroof rattles a little. But it's clean, and everything works well. I put in new black floor mats to help keep things looking nicer. The black paint hasn't done great in the SoCal sun - but if you're someone who wants this rig, I'm guessing you're not really gonna care about that.

You can get in this thing right now and go wheeling, or drive it across the country - absolute confidence and amazing comfort for a car of this age. The build quality of these Japanese Prados is truly amazing.

The only issue I haven't been able to resolve: If you start the car, then get out of the driver's seat without turning it off, when you get back in, the airbag warning light comes on. Can't figure it out, so I left it alone.

$12K.

Happy to discuss with anyone on the forum, shoot a meesage over with your info and a good time to call. I put one photo on the posting, but can send more to any serious buyer. Located in San Diego.

Thanks a bunch IH8MUD. Love the community and the resources available on the forums. I hope her new owner will love her as I have!!!

Good price considering how much some of these seem to be going for when they're built. Hopefully the next owner gets a lot of love out of it.

I think he will. I was just so impressed with how well built these babies are - 16 years old, and it was solid as could be - every bolt and bushing underneath that car looked like new...

I will miss her a bunch, but it's time for a newer 460 - which will also get the 2" lift treatment and some sweet wheels...

I think he will. I was just so impressed with how well built these babies are - 16 years old, and it was solid as could be - every bolt and bushing underneath that car looked like new...

I will miss her a bunch, but it's time for a newer 460 - which will also get the 2" lift treatment and some sweet wheels...

Are you building or buying? Only asking with Miramar Motorsports being in your backyard. While not cheap, they do have some pretty builds.

Been back and forth with adding a fourth car to the garage...and the 470/460's have weighed heavily on my mind as likely candidates.

I like Miramar's style, and the rigs they have are super clean...however, they definitely want max $$. I like doing the build myself, and I can do something nicer, newer, lower miles for a lot less. Currently going after a 2007 Premium, which I can buy and build for about the same cost as their 100,000 mile 2012/2013 units.

Anyway, I love these GXs. Will likely have them in our family for a long time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom