Parting Out SoCal: 1966 FJ40 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I've always wanted an FJ40 rear tub trailer and here you have the tub and frame portion necessary....you're killing me! Are you selling any free time? I recall a quote from one of your posts over the years here on the forum, I'm going to butcher it but I think I have the jist of it - "We buy these projects thinking we are also buying the time to complete them"
That’s pretty much it Evan.

I had a half cut 30 years ago that I intended to do the same thing with. Sat on it for 4-5 years and ended up scrapping it. But not before I daydreamed of also cutting just two feet of it with to use as an awning over my front door!

The plan included putting a pair of taillights on that would be wired into the shop, so that peeps could tell from the street when I was in!

Life goes on.

They’re still enough frame to support the tub. But I was planning to cut it down. So it would be good to let me know by Monday if you want them both.

I have posted this a bunch of places but: I am looking for the switch that actuates the green 4x4 light on the dash of an early fj40. Looks like the picture. It would be bolted on at the top of the vaccum actuator. I dropped the one I I just bought and all of the contacts and the old plastic crumbled and fell out.
DSC_0958.jpg

Tub and frame will be cut up next week.

Do you have any of the top pieces? Looking for the brace that ties the back together for a rear hatch. 73 model, piece circled here
5BBC5B1A-B5DB-4E9F-A1C3-6E130BB2D65B.jpeg

I sold the one from this truck. I may have another. How clean do you need it?
As long as it doesn't have big rust holes in it, send me a PM with pictures if you can.

Well, the tub and frame got a reprieve because of the weather. Last call. Going under the knife Thursday.

Rear hatch is now sold.

Tub and frame are now in pieces.
1889D129-343A-445A-948B-523B51E7D21C.jpeg

Did you ever see if you had another rear cross brace that the rear hatch attaches to?

Did you ever see if you had another rear cross brace that the rear hatch attaches to?
Nothing that I want to let go of right now.

Save that fuel cell cut out 🙏, will give u a ring after thanksgiving.thanks
Still waiting for you @FJ40Vegas . I had an impulse buyer here last week who asked about the pan. I told him I had an important deal with you. I still need that cylinder head.

Rear sections now available.
A00F6E34-5285-41B2-9777-CA9F98417FDA.jpeg
FB61B5CD-712C-4891-932B-6E40C5887111.jpeg
56D603C1-163B-4EBD-9E5B-089391122FC6.jpeg

Keep in mind the tops of the wheelwells are roached.
3A441D02-D83B-4ED9-B9A2-BFE141DFEBB5.jpeg
C323C10F-CAC3-4A54-8121-528F7C0AE0AB.jpeg

Frame sections will be going to scrap shortly.

Looking for a steering wheel nut that holds the steering wheel on. Mine is missing.

Tub pieces will go to SOR tomorrow, and you can pay their prices for them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom