Builds So now I have a BJ74... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

For me, with the potential to leave the cruiser sitting for a few weeks due to work a trickle charger is a must.

Here is what I use: 022-0158-1

Having it water proof was nice before I had a permanent roof over the cruisers head.

Last edited:
Next project is installing my boost adjuster from Turbosmart and a boost gauge and Pyro. But I am still undesided on what gauges to use. I have read up on what everyone else is using but I haven't seen any one using a combo of both boost and EGT in one gauge. I like the idea of keeping the dash as simple a possible so this idea is very appealing to me.

Iv been looking at the ISOPRO Turbocator 3" R609

Seems like you should be able to read it easily at 3" compared to the normal 2 1/6 size. Also pretty sure you can configure it to 24v.

Any thoughts?

nBuGvbWdTuVMJuJ2tpxXcJSWQqauWmRatoYMooyKzPr0rUpRScdS-kuR8egpUy1L-FrKqcxZKLoKRrRuFJVDHowZ0eB2fOkQhr_s5q3EazhFMHCusKP7sOIIl8Oq1rtCaGOQKazk3Sf6bzetoxAsSovyLZ6n7zuOaA39aIkOHDlFSVz5L9l5qNPxJ-boD1ZqlZWpH9mbQdzL_-y8f2Ik1v3vHenHiohWNV9-7ASjtRthcPsy3gqwzrtXpHAVIrCsbZz0tSkCtuqpdteIiW8yueCaq_EAsDeDgjo8uTaneHX7MfSgmt51BLEusM-JmYQSNd15CVDRxwE2bniN7MD8o7tARGDRYz8rsnpqg-3Hl1zFW9ywvyPgvDAToCmAvaneRcckk6MScJQPb4VSimKXFzViZneyi-T28zbMd66DiDvmts7mrGMF5CCEoJ5jwlsnUchrz9rnQcwRtpGuSeBSYRzj0oPD0YsKn236-0DboGxRqJCRPC8qJAUIAVGXCag2klBOvH0Viax8E9_VuGJbmoPWSHJV1bD345eLuYt8rGoD5-yKolS_ZQrdsCuMkPIjIy7nlSyCqnJ8nVKqy0Bjcz77qqZL5ICek7ZEkeqrjh_yuITx=w479-h638-no

This is a Westach gauge. But mucho dinero. I am saving up.

WestachDualBoostEGT Guage.jpg

That looks good, hadn't come across that one. Easier to read. I can't get too attached to the
cross over design of the others.

Will follow along to watch your install of the boost controller and gauges. I've got a 3" exhaust already installed, the gauges fit to the center pod, and was planning to purchase and install that same controller as soon as someone posted photos and a "how-to" on mud!!

The Westach look nice but I think I like the layout of the ISSPRO a little better.
R609__54364.1348170812.1280.1280.jpg

Just looks a bit easier to read the EGTs

I like this a lot but the boost range is a bit optomistic.

Is that a 2 1/8 gauge?

I have used Isspro gauges in the past and I have had performance issues with them in two different vehicles.

I've seen a couple of 3B's turbo'd that might use a lot of that gauge.

Will follow along to watch your install of the boost controller and gauges. I've got a 3" exhaust already installed, the gauges fit to the center pod, and was planning to purchase and install that same controller as soon as someone posted photos and a "how-to" on mud!!

I will do my best to not lead you astray on my "how to"!

I like this a lot but the boost range is a bit optomistic.

Is that a 2 1/8 gauge?

I have used Isspro gauges in the past and I have had performance issues with them in two different vehicles.

Pretty sure I will only use the first half of the boost gauge!

Total diameter is 3", so a bit large but I think it will be better then two separate ones.

I hope I have better luck with this one!
So far this is the best one I've found for what I'm looking for.

Where are you wanting to put the gauge?

15Wkph_x9fHrjJAPruqdAi0VjaM2kE6YuEBjQGZxuwjvydXz9thb2JmCd-UId7vtviBhyGsTL0GkQMARVGIASmQUnzPen4_-ZKprSHtCRX10H87paW6ZJB4_a9_PTcX1M2gdsYyZlLSMjmZo9hxtqW6RpR2bjyIbt4cU7snIZPLgFOP_eOegZfIYSBG04T5hbq77RVtdu1zd5iA-2P7XLAHrptliBE7vqZZjn-2t8BhQlFa5JzzCUs5dpR6Z2v5nDz59l3yjl1C7r8tB51de5YZqoDRW8mlUXcvcHebyfE26vRe5SpIMvHdKkH--vPXy7VbQL89WRFyE-iBoDR0m1qqteCGt7tCfCOy7hDrAvGSGpCbyCBSiex8Z0zTilToIlD6uuds7dNZvB1kNSNpWC4HkCQXWd-pORxNMLKqFOC9OnVwCq6TP7XoGnMF2oNC2xnqgY7QOf71Sj1_jk9ucDVGnoJLqSX27gKb6U9q5euCD3xgJgukDoYnKpuO8WcXmFHviGw1s-N8GIfrDyF84W1Lcv__zrcEKhlIwYBiO6cZN3-5UNcUaQdKl7JfT9DxKE8h2Qb4dUcAyQhX_uGa1Lx9G3QhEE6KwaRdl6FWTw7oCybWNx_T2=w851-h638-no

Got started on the Pyro/Boost gauge today. I got the gauge mounted and back light wired up, also ran the wires and tubing though the fire wall. Got the hole drilled in the manifold but ran out of time/got to damn cold to get the hole tapped and the probe installed.

I'd like to find/ or make a flush mount for the pod at some point, as it just came with one to mount on a roll bar or something similar, but I think it will do for now. I think this location will be great, easy to see but out of the main view of the road.

I promise the next post will have the gauge showing some numbers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom