So I want an FJ 40 but... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So I have a question, would there be a reason to build the frame like then FJ40 frame, lengthened, or make it completely different? Is there any advantage making it about the same shape as the stock?

Given the opportunity to have a new frame, there's zero chance I'd want it like the original one. This build fizzled out and, to my knowledge, was never completed, but check out the frame design he came up with:

FJ40 build from scratch - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

His design with the fully integrated belly pan/skid plate/lower link mount/tcase support is f'ing artwork. If you're still planning to link the rig, this seems like a great place to start.

My 2 cents...worth absolutely nothing more than that.

Man, you just do what you do and we will try to learn from you!

Finished putting the last details in the dash.

IMG_1017.JPG

Ok, lost my good FJ40, anyone have an FJ40 cab that is in good shape but not assembled that I could borrow?

If you don't mind coming this far to get it

Look up and left. :) Hamburg, AR bout 2.5 hours or so. Take me a little bit to dig it out. I'll snap a couple of pics to see if it's good enough to do what you need to do.

@Bossman Your location under your avatar doesn't show up on mobile browsers. Nor does signature info.
Another good reason not to use the Mobil browser. (But I didn't know that) Sorry Metalshaper

(Turn the phone sideways, and it'll show the location & signature)

I think the location is Mecca though. I hope to make the trip there one day myself.

:beer:

I need to be able to take the windshield off and the hood. I am at the cowl section of tube and want to get it as close as possible. So, a couple weeks maybe?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom