So I bought another Rig... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Nice looking truck Todd. I bet it's going to look killer once you get all those parts in.

I'll have to try and make it to the next meet. I'm almost done with school and then its off to Alaska for 4 1/2 months! I'll be sure to say hi to Mark for you guys if I get a chance to see him.

Hope your doing well,
Brian

Well. the 80's FINALLY scheduled for shipment, should be here by the end of the month. Still need to pick up a winch, and get the tranny to work, but looking forward to actually setting eyes on it!

Nice looking rig, there, bud! Great year, BTW... Bumper looks good, too!

I defiantly can't wait to see this thing in person.

Are you planning on running Bio-D in it or just regular D2?

Any chance I can still get a nose guard in there? I'll call tomorrow. Can you bring it to AR in a couple of weeks?

Later,

Picked it up this morning, and it runs great, but def has some electrical gremlins from the melding of the harnesses. I need to get the Tranny up and running, putting the Dome Light Fuse (AKA Tranny control module fuse) didn't help, so since the speedo isn't working, I'm guessing that it might be keeping the Tranny from shifting...there is a VSS for the TCM as well that I need to check.

If anyone wants to stop by and scratch their noggin with me let me know!

Ya got it! Cool! Now you have a project on your hands besides repairing the damage to your 40 from Moab....:whoops:

Yeah, talked to a body guy today, looks like about a 6hr job to pull out the cowl...might have them porta-power that tube fender as well

That or just paint "MOAB" on it and leave it.

where are the pics?

No pics of the roll/recovery that I've seen...I've got some of the damage on my phone I'll try to get up

I need to talk to you about my new truck...its got some serious Electrical gremlins and more Stereo s*** than I can decipher! I def need some help getting it all up and running! call me when you can (423)-four two one - four one nine nine

Thought I'd update the status of the 80.

It spent a few months down at ACC getting a multitude of stuff done that I didn't have time to do myself.

--Snorkel and new FZJ stock air cleaner to replace the crappy K&N cone
--The dual elctric flex-a-lite fans that were installed weren't cutting it, so Michael figured out that an 80 series fan clutch and a CCR Tundra fan fit perfectly...still needs a shroud, but it nows stays at 190 unless I'm in low and climbing a hill. then it goes to ~200
--Front Axle rebuild...noted that pass birf was clicking...fixed it this past weekend...
--Installed and wired the winch
--sorted out ALL the electrical gremlins, and discovered that none of the stuff under the truck was actually hooked up...:bang:
--Ended up swapping the ECU controlled A442F tranny for an earlier hydraulic A440F, and it now shifts like a champ. Probably need to fiddle with the kickdown cable so it'll hold the gears a bit longer before shifting, but it works for now.
--Added a set of Warn hubs and converted the x-fer case to part time. Also add a CDL (with pin7 mod) so now I have push button 4wd.
--Got custom AC lines made to integrate the GM compressor to the Toyota system.

All gauges (except the tach) are now working and speedo is accurate.

I've been busy getting the rest of the stuff done to make it ready for Alaska.
--removed the 3rd row seats and middle row and started planning for the rear shelf/fridge slide/Jerry can/CO2/ mounts.
--pulled out 95% of all the stereo/DVD/video/sub/CD Changer crap.
--Picked up a set of new 37x12.50r17 Interco Trxus MTs
--Found a set of 17" split spoke Tundra/Sequoia wheels
Got those mounted and balanced on Monday afternoon, but haven't put them on yet. Will get it done this weekend
--Figured out how to get the stock tach to work with no igniter. Involves a mag induction sensor (R8900) from Isspro, and a SGI-8 universal tach box from Dakota Digital. 2 pulses/rev in and the std 6/rev out. Should work beautiful.
--Passed my FCC Tech Ham exam, just waiting for the call sign...Bought a Yaesu FT-8800r and Comet SBB-5 antenna and other assorted goodies. Got the cables run today, antenna installed, fired it up and listened to several conversations.

--Went on a little test run Saturday helping some of the upstate guys scout out Golden Mtn for GSMTR '10...was still running the stock 275 tires and was locked up turned to the right and...pow! The clicking pass Birf shattered. Bell was intact, but the star shattered, so went back to camp, pulled it apart and discovered that the incorrect inner axle (non e-locker)had been installed, so stuffed in some rags and put it back together. left the locker locked and pulled the plug on the front diff...drove home in 2wd...benefit of a part time case.

--Ordered a set of Longs Birfs and inners and will get those in as soon as they get here.

Couple of shots of the engine bay, and I'll get some pics up this week end of the exterior after the 37s are on.
IMG_1360.jpg
IMG_1358.jpg

birf day

Was there and got the evidence...

stacked rocks to try and get him out in 3WD, but he still needed to pull line. Made it back to camp OK and Brian had a spare in his tool kit.
GMP trail 10 (207).jpg
Todd birf (102).jpg
Todd birf (106).jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom