Snorkel bracket, no rivets (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I didn't like the idea of drilling into my A pillar so I used some 3m double sided tape and a rare earth magnet to hold the snorkel bracket. It's a solid connection and has held up for 3 months so far in hot sun and cold weather (including some tree strikes). Posting this trick for those who don't want to deal with rivets/ leaking etc. Fleabay snork btw

20170423_144325.jpg

20170423_144340.jpg

If it's 3M VHB tape, rivets would be less permanent!

Did this with mine, it eventually failed about 3yrs later. That lifespan is fine by me, not hard to reattach with new tape.

I am surprised no one makes a rain gutter bracket. Maybe its too close. I have yet to put a snorkel on mine so I havent payed much attention to it.

Gutter bracket would be nice. When the adhesive finally let's go, I'll probably just replace it. I originally was going to use sikaflex between magnet and clamp but that's likely overkill.

Ive been thinking about this lately as I want to snorkel as well, but dont want to punch holes on my A pillar.

My potential solution though is a bracket off a roof rack. But not sure how feasible that is w/o having it all mocked up in front of me.

Regardless, kudos to you for looking for another (non-invasive) way to attach it!

Tried VHB tape which failed a few months later. Then got serious with Sikaflex 221. No holes in the A-pillar - done.

i have snorkels on several rigs for many years and never a leak issue on a pillar. Nutzert seal and go.

Don't know about others but I never had any issue with the nutserts in the A pillar. No leaks nothing. Not like the snorkel is going to be taken off any time soon. I don't see the issue in permanently mounting the snorkel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom