Smog Pump Rebuilder FYI (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I hope they use better vanes than those Cardones. The only time my 60 has ever been on a tow truck is when my new replacement pump grenaded at about 1000 miles. It seems it wouldn’t be that hard for some one to come up with a solution.

The curious thing to me is that they must be getting a rebuild kit from somewhere. So someone must be making quality vanes.

I'd like to rebuild my old FJ62 Air Pump - but don't want to ship it out for a week. Plus I like rebuilding things.

Does anyone make the semblance of a rebuild kit?

Regardless, it sounds like they have a quick turnaround time and a reasonable price !

The curious thing to me is that they must be getting a rebuild kit from somewhere. So someone must be making quality vanes.

I'd like to rebuild my old FJ62 Air Pump - but don't want to ship it out for a week. Plus I like rebuilding things.

Does anyone make the semblance of a rebuild kit?

Regardless, it sounds like they have a quick turnaround time and a reasonable price !

i suggest u jump on this or i might ;)

1991-1991 Toyota Landcruiser 3FE FJ80 Smog Air Pump | eBay

@RAGINGMATT wow that's a steal at $25 !

Yeah, good idea. I'll get that.

Thanks for pointing out. I'll send out rebuild photos when I am done with it.

@RAGINGMATT wow that's a steal at $25 !

Yeah, good idea. I'll get that.

Thanks for pointing out. I'll send out rebuild photos when I am done with it.

steal is not the word when a smog pump OEM toyota landcruiser has free shipping involved ........

it's being Given Away !

it will only fit in a Large Flat Rate box USPS if that , and they run like $18+ now postage rates ,

so that is a $7 difference u are really paying for the OEM smog pump w/ Its Foil Decal still in place

Lunch @ McDonalds cost more :popcorn:

i hope u score it @hygge !

images999999999999999999999999.jpeg

only if we can swing by Jay Leno's Garage on the way to the Drive Through ............

If anyone has a spare smog pump for a 85 FJ60 that needs rebuilding can I purchase it from you or if you send the spare in to be rebuilt I would be interested in purchasing that one, also. My cruiser has antique plates and I don't have to worry about emissions for 5 years and the original still works for now. When I had my 40 the pump went out and there was a scream from the engine that I would never want to hear again.

If anyone has a spare smog pump for a 85 FJ60 that needs rebuilding can I purchase it from you or if you send the spare in to be rebuilt I would be interested in purchasing that one, also. My cruiser has antique plates and I don't have to worry about emissions for 5 years and the original still works for now. When I had my 40 the pump went out and there was a scream from the engine that I would never want to hear again.

PM sent

Your Inbox is Full ?

Please send me a Pm or clear out your inbox and let me know when it is

Nippondenso-Ido-T204.jpg

I called these guys enquiring about the cost to build the gear box on my 85 fj60, $245. For the power steering pump, $80.
Im fairly new to the fj60 world but from my short search these prices seem great.

Last edited:
I called these guy enquiring about the cost to build the gear box on my 85 fj60, $245. For the power steering pump, $80.
Im fairly new to the fj60 world but from my short search these prices seem great.
Not a bad price for a PS rebuild.

$195, but he's thinking of raising the price...

They're probably not replacing that bearing, just clean and regrease. Or, they have a substitution. I asked, and the owner said they do exactly what they do for SOR -- I didn't push it and get into specifics. The phone # is in the other thread if somebody wants to call and ask specifics.

If bearing #DB-36227 is unavailable, how are they rebuilding the whole pump?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom