SM465 Plate Adaptors (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
*** AS OF 3/31/13 I HAVE SOME ADAPTORS READY TO GO - IN HAND ***

I had the last post about this in the tech section, so I hope this is still okay to post it here.

Here is the link to the last order. LINK -> https://forum.ih8mud.com/40-55-series-tech/428058-sm465-plate-adaptors.html

Price is the same, $250.00 each - Includes all the hardware needed, includes shipping via USPS.

Thanks!
Shawn

Last edited:
I guess one can not edit their own posts anymore? I was hoping to just edit the first post and update the list. Oh well..

I will add you to the list!

SEE POST #1

Thanks!
Shawn

Last edited:
I do not know off hand the exact length.

The plate is ~1 inch thick (closer to 3/4)

According to this site, the SM465 is 12 inches long (The GM Muncie SM465 Transmission - Novak Conversions)

I can not find the length of the transfer case or stock transmission.

Depending on what you have in there now, you might need a different bell housing which could also change the distance.

If you need better info, let me know and I can try to get some measurements when I get home.

Shawn

I just did this conversion, I want to say it shifted everything maybe 3/4 - 1"? I ended up just doing new motor mounts since mine sucked and it wouldn't mess with the driveline.

I just sent you an email, Shawn. I'd like to buy one of these from you, but it depends how soon you can ship them out. I realize you need 10 commits. So put me on the list for now, and I'll try to be patient. ;)

I just bought my first FJ a few weeks ago, and I'm eager to get it on the road. I picked up an SM465 today, and the 350 rebuild should be finished by the end of next week. Thanks :cheers:

Added you to the list. The board is now allowing me to edit the first post, so I updated the list there and removed the other list.

Maybe we can get the other 7 in time to meet your timeframe.

Shawn

The machinist will do a min of 10. It has to be worth his time to do all the setup. I really wish I could do one at a time... That would be great.

Shawn

Bump.

Anyone else?

Shawn

Bump.

I guess there is not too much interest this time?

I will have mine that the Cherry Valley meet for anyone that want to look at it (hands on so to speak).

Shawn

I would be in if it was steel. I want to adapt a 465 to the Orion. Seems silly to sandwich aluminum between cast iron.

Let me find out about steel... There might be a price difference since it takes longer to machine steel...

Shawn

not a SM420 option?

If there is enough interest, and I can get my hands on a 420, I can make some...

Shawn

Still just three takers on the list, Shawn? I'll soon need an SM420 or SM465 adapter (I have both tranny's) for my SBC install, which is finally resuming.

I'm surprised you're not receiving more interest. Your last batch seemed to sell very quickly, and all the used adapters I've seen advertised were snatched up in a hurry.

btw, Happy Thanksgiving!

I was a little surprised as well. I did some work for the machinist (in trade for some adaptors) so I *MAY* have a few in awhile...

Shawn

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom