Yep done. Helped but not much. Replaced the window runs and all other molding which helped more. Still not as fast as a more modern electric window but at least they don't slow to a crawl in the cold anymore.
I did that exact procedure. I also used some rubber conditioner I found on Amazon. It helped for sure. But still slow in the winter for some reason. Warmer weather it's been great. FYI when you take out the rear seal it does not go in as easy as the front. There is a metal track that ever so slightly gets in the way....at least on my truck.
I managed to repair/reuse an original motor by disassembly and taking the drive system of the motor apart and enlarging the housing around the bigger gear (going on memory...). What I found before rework was the radial gear load during lift had worn the inner diameter of the large gear allowing it to shift and bind against the housing. I added maybe .04 clearance and it works good as when I first bought the truck. This was not hard to do once the motor was out. Have also found when the switches in the doors go neither the door switch or the drivers master switch wont work or will work poorly. Replacing the door switch has worked on at least on door so far which might save a door disassembly (guess how I figured out it was the switch).