Sliders install (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

JLH

SILVER Star
Threads
I've got a set of Slee sliders and being new to the ABQ area, I'm looking for suggestions of local places that have some experience with the LC and would do the install.

Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Welcome to the area and group! Tell us about yourself and rig!

As far as shops go, Tactical Application Vehicles has worked on my 200, as well as Larry’s. I’m not sure how comfortable they are with walk-in parts though, and they are allegedly book through June/July.

That said, if you’re not in a big hurry, I could help you in my garage in a couple weekends.

@Mauser is a talented dude!

Thanks man.

I am sure I could install them. It would have to be after Christmas. My son, his wife and my granddaughter are coming and I plan on just hanging out with them for a week.

Are they bolt on, or weld on?

anyone with a floor jack and some hand tools can install sliders if they're bolt on.

anyone with a floor jack and some hand tools can install sliders if they're bolt on.

I checked out the install instructions. These require a couple of holes to be drilled and rivnuts installed.

Welcome to the area and group! Tell us about yourself and rig!

As far as shops go, Tactical Application Vehicles has worked on my 200, as well as Larry’s. I’m not sure how comfortable they are with walk-in parts though, and they are allegedly book through June/July.

That said, if you’re not in a big hurry, I could help you in my garage in a couple weekends.

Thanks for all the responses! My wife and I moved here in September, following my son who's been assigned here by the FAA. We're originally from Oregon; when we retired we moved to the Big Island for a 4 year vacation. Really enjoyed our time there but started missing road trips. Moab, Ouray...you know, all the good stuff!
So, here we are in the sand of western Coralles and loving it.

The LC was decided this summer while packing up for the move from Kona, we had an '02 Tacoma TRD with 212k on it that drove like brand new. Tacomas are pretty precious on the Big Island, so we sold it there for a great price. Given the experience, I started reasearching for the most reliable 4wd I could get that had power for towing and the rest is history. Found the '14 in Seattle and drove up there to buy it while we were staying with friends in Oregon and purchasing a couple rigs for the move here. It's been quite the adventure!

The Slee's are "bolt" on and seem to be pretty straight forward, apparently the kdss can offer a little complication when installing the left side. I installed sliders/bumpers/armor/coilovers/UCA's/Springs on my '06 Frontier but after moving three times in 5 years, I don't have all the tools and jacks/stands that I used to have.

I'm in no rush and would be more than happy to buy a bunch of libations, lunches, dinners ect for assistance with the install.

Again, thanks to all for the responses and especially @empty80, and @Mauser for their kind offers. I'll touch bases with you after the New Year. 🌲👍🤙🌶

Welcome to the sand of Corrales! My wife and I bought a place in the Tiffany area and love it! I may be able to help you with tools and or extra set of hands.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom