Slee 2nd battery tray w/ AHC mod? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

TreatSmash

SILVER Star
Threads
Website
www.youtube.com
So here is where I am. I bought a Slee 2nd battery tray mod kit for my 2006 100 series. Paid $200 for it and also shelled out another $1500 for Redarc equipment, 2 Odyssey batteries, cable etc.

I did not know, nor was there any way I could have known, because it doesn't mention it anywhere on the Slee website that the Slee 2nd battery tray mod is not compatible with Active Height Control.

When I called Slee the rep confirmed it in fact did not mention anywhere that it wasn't compatible with AHC, however because I plastikoted the tray they are not willing to give me a refund because "well there is nothing they can do with it."

Believe me, I know the feeling.

So.

1. Does anyone know of a mod where I can use that tray in a 100 series with AHC? Even if I have to cut it in half.
2. Does anyone know of a company that manufactures a 2nd tray that will fit a 100 series with AHC?
3. Does anyone want to buy a plastikoted Slee 2nd battery tray for their 100 series WITHOUT AHC?

To be fair, it clearly states it on the website.

Requires AHC removal for LX 470 and 06/07 Land Cruisers equipped with AHC

Nope. They definitely added that in the last 8 hours. I reread before I called them and even the rep I was talking to agreed it didn't say anything about it. I knew I shoulda taken a screenshot haha.

Untitled.jpg

Wayback Machine

That’s some garbage customer service in the age of social media. Coulda been a sub $200 loss (let’s be serious, probably $30 in cost) for them to not have a nick on their reputation.

I'm sorry to hear about your unexpected issue. It may be an honest mistake, but to be fair, on the one instance that I see of that page in the "Wayback Machine", it does state "Does not fit vehicles with AHC system":

1643352111404.png

That’s some garbage customer service in the age of social media. Coulda been a sub $200 loss (let’s be serious, probably $30 in cost) for them to not have a nick on their reputation.

Considering that the product has been painted/coated, I can somewhat understand their policy.

1. Does anyone know of a mod where I can use that tray in a 100 series with AHC? Even if I have to cut it in half.
2. Does anyone know of a company that manufactures a 2nd tray that will fit a 100 series with AHC?
3. Does anyone want to buy a plastikoted Slee 2nd battery tray for their 100 series WITHOUT AHC?

Slee does show that part as "out of stock", so I suspect that it shouldn't be too hard to sell the Slee tray/mount in the classified section here.

In order to salvage the other $1500 you've already spent on this project, you might look around the forum, for dual battery installs that mount two batteries in the stock location, like this:

Last edited:
Where are you located?

I'm sorry to hear about your unexpected issue. It may be an honest mistake, but to be fair, on the one instance that I see of that page in the "Wayback Machine", it does state "Does not fit vehicles with AHC system":

View attachment 2907591

Considering that the product has been painted/coated, I can somewhat understand their policy.

Slee does show that part as "out of stock", so I suspect that it shouldn't to hard to sell the Slee tray/mount in the classified section here.

In order to salvage the other $1500 you've already spent on this project, you might look around the forum, for dual battery installs that mount two batteries in the stock location, like this:
The problem with that is I already spent another $200 on the Slee Factory tray mod to fit a group 31 battery.

I'm going to figure out a way to modify the tray that I have to fit in between the AHC reservoir and the air intake box.

I'm probably going to wind up cutting off the air compressor mount because I wasn't intending on using it anyways.

Normally I totally agree. But here it’s apparent that Slee realized their website was insufficiently clear about this AHC aspect, enough so that they changed their website. A great business would have said “our lack of clarity isn’t your fault, send it back for a refund” and scrapped it. It’s a bummer to hear Slee didn’t take the high road.

Normally I totally agree. But here it’s apparent that Slee realized their website was insufficiently clear about this AHC aspect, enough so that they changed their website. A great business would have said “our lack of clarity isn’t your fault, send it back for a refund” and scrapped it. It’s a bummer to hear Slee didn’t take the high road.
I should also note that I called them before I ordered the parts and discussed what there capabilities and limitations were and made sure that I was getting everything I needed for my project. I did not bring up AHC, but the rep that I spoke to also didn't mention it. And I told them that I had a 2006 Land Cruiser.

I should also note that I called them before I ordered the parts and discussed what there capabilities and limitations were and made sure that I was getting everything I needed for my project. I did not bring up AHC, but the rep that I spoke to also didn't mention it. And I told them that I had a 2006 Land Cruiser.

I get where you’re coming from, and Slee.

The reps can’t be expected to know that some limited 06/07 LC come with AHC. They deal with more than just cruisers. But they should have offered something for not having it posted, simply because it was a big enough mistake for them to change and update on the product page.

Also, this is why before I send anything off to be changed or coated or painted, that I make sure and test fit as much as possible.

Someone will pick up your tray. You’ll eat a few bucks, but someone will buy it on the forum, if you want to sell.

Pm sent

I believe that we agree on proper remedies for different situations, but disagree on how much “lack of clarity” (based on what I’ve seen with a quick look) is/was involved.

So here is where I am. I bought a Slee 2nd battery tray mod kit for my 2006 100 series. Paid $200 for it and also shelled out another $1500 for Redarc equipment, 2 Odyssey batteries, cable etc.

I did not know, nor was there any way I could have known, because it doesn't mention it anywhere on the Slee website that the Slee 2nd battery tray mod is not compatible with Active Height Control.

When I called Slee the rep confirmed it in fact did not mention anywhere that it wasn't compatible with AHC, however because I plastikoted the tray they are not willing to give me a refund because "well there is nothing they can do with it."

Believe me, I know the feeling.

So.

I’ll take the tray.

Anyway, if there is a way to start all over, I’d be looking at trying to get something like this. Integrated charger (available with/without). Mount it behind 2nd row seat).

Reactions: jLB
Nope. They definitely added that in the last 8 hours. I reread before I called them and even the rep I was talking to agreed it didn't say anything about it. I knew I shoulda taken a screenshot haha.
FWIW, I checked into this, It has always stated that it does not work with AHC, but we did change the verbiage to be more clear. . Not sure who you spoke to in terms of the sale, but we do have some new people in shipping that might not be aware of it, if you reached on of them. Also not all 06's have AHC so I can see where it might not have come up in conversation.

We also have it in the instructions.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom