dual battery and accessories wire up. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am pre-wiring since I had to drop my headliner. And once I buy Led lights and what not I think it would be beneficial to run a 2nd battery. But there really has to be more than one choice for a 2nd battery tray. I've heard great things of Slee, but I need options.
Anyone recommend an accessory fuse, relay tap?
2nd battery tray?
Guage of wire needed?

Check out the Power Systems sub forum for some guidance.

It is impossible to recommend wire sizes and fuse sizes for your application since we don't know the load you will expect it to carry. LED lights are pretty efficient and would not necessarily be a reason to install a dual battery.

The Slee tray is popular because it is a good product. Even the old Slee tray (like I run) was a solid part. Like you, I am surprised there isn't at least one other manufacture making a second battery tray.

I am pre-wiring since I had to drop my headliner. And once I buy Led lights and what not I think it would be beneficial to run a 2nd battery. But there really has to be more than one choice for a 2nd battery tray. I've heard great things of Slee, but I need options.
Anyone recommend an accessory fuse, relay tap?
2nd battery tray?
Guage of wire needed?
Did you get any further on this?

IMG_4328.JPG
I installed a dual battery system where the original battery goes. The bracket is off Amazon. It's a tight fit, but it works. Just move your fuse box and the one with all the hoses back a little.

Dual Battery Tray

Sadly, I couldn't find a group 34 or 78 battery that would fit the bracket (even though its in the description) other than the optimas. I took the bracket to O'reilleys, autozone, walfart and costmo. None of their other battery's would fit. I guess optimas are shaped differently than standard batteries.

Gauge of wire all depends on how much power you're flowing through it. Look into using relays instead of putting all the power through switches (unless it's really low). Just a thought.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom