Builds Sky Blue 76 (1 Viewer)

Looks like the only other type available is a magnetic one. I used the part in your picture on my April 1978 with no problems (replaced a skull of course).
I'm lost on what part I need. The threads on the new knob are too small. The threads for a FJ60 TC shift knob are too big. I wonder if I got a bootleg part that is just incorrect.

Solution: TC knob is the correct part. I just had to run a tap into it and clean up the plastic around the beginning of the threads.

Last edited:
Nice.
Just picked up a 4/76 Freeborn Red that needs work. At least it was running, but also sat in a pasture for a few decades. Needs a hardtop as it rolled once, but all the panels are straight without creases. The original owner's nephew sold it to a dealer and my brother in law saw it. Knowing I drove one for 20+ years and wanted another he turned me on to it and now I have a project. I have to read your thread in detail now as it's the closest year rebuild thread I've seen so far.
War Eagle! ('83-'86)

Nice.
Just picked up a 4/76 Freeborn Red that needs work. At least it was running, but also sat in a pasture for a few decades. Needs a hardtop as it rolled once, but all the panels are straight without creases. The original owner's nephew sold it to a dealer and my brother in law saw it. Knowing I drove one for 20+ years and wanted another he turned me on to it and now I have a project. I have to read your thread in detail now as it's the closest year rebuild thread I've seen so far.
War Eagle! ('83-'86)
War Eagle ‘91-95

middlecalf

SILVER Star

Craptola! Hopefully you can get that somewhat returned to normal, it’s patina match with the rest of the rig is priceless.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom