Since we need one.... The Club Chat Thread!!! (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ya, if that. Just like to be safe. The Genesis isn't exactly snow safe/ready. Lol
I get it. My parents place I grew up in was steeper and more sketch. Especially that one year some folks from Cali moved up into the house above us and would "water" the shared driveway, ya'know to melt the ice in sub 30* temps. You can guess how that turned out.

Curbing/ gutter ball simulator
Define curb/gutter?

HN999sRamonrock-walls.jpg

Despite 2 days of udder crap weather, this morning turned out nice on the way home.
IMG_4376.jpg
NoWM-0967.jpg

And pretty sure a relative of Medusa.
DSCF0988.JPG

Kinda had a weird experience and it ain't over yet but I wanted others opinions. I've got my POS Dodge on Craigslist 1997 Dodge Ram 3500 4x4 Cummins for a month now. Had some bites here and there. Anyway, tonight I had a guy who didn't sound like a total dumba$$ strike up a text message conversation with me. Ultimately he is 300 miles away and is gonna take a day off work and have someone drive him here. It all sounded legit. But then he asks me to send him a VCE report. I'm thinking instant scam and he sends me a link to this website www.vincheckexperts.com. After doing some homework I told him it was gonna cost $25 and if he wants it, he can run it, the truck is a salvage title after all and I did disclose that.
All of a sudden his attitude changes and he says its my responsibility to provide it!? I told him I have a Carfax account and I will run it through because its like half the price and I already have the account. He freaks out some more saying that every other vin check website is garbage and he wants his specific one. Needless to say I caved because I'd rather have $8k than a POS Dodge but I've never had anyone demand that I run a report like that before. The whole thing kinda pissed me off. He is supposed to come over at 3pm tomorrow so fingers crossed. So who's responsibility is it to run a report, buyer or seller? At a dealership they provide it, but private party??

Uh, red flag, jerk, manipulater, drove all the way from... Ya right.. buyer beware, As Is. Used is used. Is he gonna pay with Bitcoin or cashier's check from India?

Vin checks only report recorded Data,. I don't record what I do to my rigs. So, don't buy a rig from me...wait, it's too late!!!

I hold the gnob fith on this one. F him. You own the assets. If wants that report he can pay for it. I see no issue in disclosing the vin to him personally. Take or leave it. It the seller WANTS to provide the info, so be it, if not the buyer can do his own whatever with the info provided. There is no seller VS buyer privileges in the private sale market. IMHO.

Agree. This why i pretty much only text, because i can just stop when the conversation goes sideways. Strangers demanding anything makez hiding the horns extremely hard. Text conversation saves alot of people from me. Lol

Those clowns who came and looked at the truck probably really didn't buy because they didn't like me. Lol. Im selling stuff, not me.

As far as selling used stuff. My philosophy is to never sell s***ty stuff but otherwise, i have something you want and you already saw the price. Due diligence is on the buyer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom