Show us your mad 70's body striping... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Here's mine
100_9612.jpg

The problem I have with stripes is I can't seem to come up with a good scheme that will look as good with the top and doors off as it does with them on. None of these work for me as of yet.

I love the old stripes... I recently repainted mine and plan on really giving it some 70's pizazz once I am able... I went 73 olive green with black accent and white top... Thinking of a heavy white stripe down the side... Does anyone still make the original stripes or is everything done piece by piece

Last edited:
Heres a couple
MVC-011F.JPG
MVC-012F.JPG

Here is my 77 in it's original skin.
image-2191848144.jpg
image-3942063988.jpg

Thanks for posting mine, Caladin ! It's that sweet red one in your first post. Good thread, too !!:beer:

So mine was so well done that it seems original (though I've been told that not possible). It's hard to see all the detail since I don't even have those pictures yet, but white stripes down the side from the hood bacj, fitting into the door seals, and even small accents on the spots of the hood the lip up.

I need to remove to I manage the rusting, but I would love to get this redone after. Any ideas??

IMG_20180811_131050.jpg

The first picture is our 1983 FJ40 when she was just a youngster. The second is Lurch our 1978 FJ40 that we bought new and then like idiots sold it in 1998! Loved this stripe scheme.
FullSizeRender.jpg

Lurch002.jpg

1978 - a bit more subtle
IMG_0869.JPG

This happened in 73 a couple weeks after I bought it.
stripe2.jpg

stripe.jpg

Then this around 94. Shut up about the bezel. I was experimenting and decided I like it better the other way with out you guy's help.
stripe3.jpg

I am back to the solid stock blue now but keep getting this compulsion to paint a Klingon bird of prey on the hood.
I used to do that kind of stuff in the 70's
7.jpg

Really nice if not a nicest body stripes I have seen on FJ 40 of the guy who's truck photo was taken at some Antique car show next to GA architect-their trucks are on the picture together-I can't find a picture but you can ask Rick(GA architect) about it...Colors of that truck are just fantastic...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom