Should I Buy Atlantis Blue 2001 LC? Kinda Rusty (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hi all. You really helped me to decide to return a LC a couple of weeks ago because of issues found during a dealer inspection.
Keep it or Return it? 1999 LC with 93K Miles - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/keep-it-or-return-it-1999-lc-with-93k-miles.1334204/

Now I am looking at another LC via an auction site, so I can't see in person, for for less $ than the one I returned, it is an East coast vehicle, thus under carriage rust (which I know nothing about being a Californian), but the body seems clean based on pictures. It is Atlantis Blue, which looks amazing.

Can any of you look at the under carriage and see if it seems too far gone? Or maybe it is acceptable if cleaned and coated?

Thanks!

IMG_7475.jpeg

IMG_7473.jpeg

IMG_7476.jpeg

IMG_7478.jpeg

IMG_7469.jpeg

If you tap on that rusty spot on the rear cross-member you'll get a big fist sized hole in the frame. This would be a good one if your looking for a project and it's really cheap. The exhaust is a cheap aftermarket system that will start leaking soon if it isnt already.

Thanks everyone! It's currently at $6,388 on eBay with the reserve not met, with a Buy Now set at $15,995. I am guessing the reserve is over $10K. If lived closer, and was able to get it under $10K, I would go for the project, but it is starting to be too much of a stretch for Atlantis Blue (which is a unicorn).

Oh, and why was this post moved to Classifieds? I am not selling anything. Is it just because I am curious about buying?

I would keep looking. I purchased Aaron off of Ebay over a year ago from South Carolina for 8k and 1k delivered to Kansas. Not a spot of rust. I have done all of the baseline stuff and now we just enjoy putting miles on him. Be patient and the right one will come. Toyota sold tens of thousands of them!

Big job to sort out that rust and would involve taking the body off welding and plating etc so unless you are looking for a project car I would move on

Big job to sort out that rust and would involve taking the body off welding and plating etc so unless you are looking for a project car I would move on
Thanks. I have, and I think everyone else has too. It did not break $6388 at auction and did not meet reserve. But Atlantis is amazing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom