Short wheel base 80!!!! (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
That is cool.
Never knew they made a short one.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using IH8MUD

Cool! doing a rear dig and with a 1HDT too...

Fun game of sit n' spin...

I think the "standard" wheel base is one of the features that gives the 80 its capabilities on the majority of obstacles. Most serious crawling jeeps are stretched considerably and I'm sure it's not just for the look.

I think the "standard" wheel base is one of the features that gives the 80 its capabilities on the majority of obstacles. Most serious crawling jeeps are stretched considerably and I'm sure it's not just for the look.

Right on, but maybe you could leave the wheel base and remove a middle section instead of the bob. Move the wheel wells back like blunt trama's bob.

Right on, but maybe you could leave the wheel base and remove a middle section instead of the bob. Move the wheel wells back like blunt trama's bob.

It would be tough to make it look good. The 80 is kind of oval like when viewed from above, so when you start moving stuff backwards and forwards, you have to smush things to line up. Youd be removing the second door and moving the rear end forward, then basically covering one wheel well and building another from scratch. Even then the rear wheel would be sticking out the back. It's possible, and would be neat and different, but you would have to be real good with metal to make it look good.

If I wanted a 2 door, I'd probably just swap a 40 body onto an 80 chassis.

In my opinion, that's how the FJC should've been produced.

After wheeling behind Heeps and 40s at Clayton, think there's varying benefits of both wheelbases that may only be revealed when following in the tracks of whichever is more predominant in the group.

Could sure see a benefit to shorter, that trip, but had it been a group of 80s and one 40, the 40 may say similar regarding ours. Purely speculation.

In my opinion, that's how the FJC should've been produced.

SNIP

x2 :clap::steer::beer: and available with rubber mats and lockers....which the driver in the video either couldn't find the switch for or he's only got a rear locker. I kept thinking he's going to roll it...

Very cool...but not as good looking as normal 80. WTF was that guy doing? Looks like he was holding the brakes,,,,dirt smoke show. What a tard

It does look a bit goofy to me, but I admire their build. If they cut and cage it like the Hanna Quality 80 series I might find it more appealing.

that's why this model it's so popular ..

S1X.jpg

patroloazul.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom