Shopping, wait for ‘22 tech or buy ‘20 or ‘21? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Having owned a 2011, 2019 and now a 2022 GX460 I can say that the improvements make for the best GX to date, well maybe until the 550 hits dealer lots in a few months. The acoustic glass does make a slight difference and the new screen is a lot better IMHO. I like having auto high beams and wipers, a digital speedo read out, Apple Car Play and the newer style head lights. This is saying a lot because it's the very first Toyota/Lexus out of the 16 I've owned that I haven't modified in any way short of adding better tires and I am still very happy with it lol. It's a fantastic vehicle for the money and we like it so much that we've decided to keep it for the long haul and use it as our around town beater and work commuter/mileage slut for the foreseeable future. If you can swing the '22 and you plan to rock it for some time to come then I suggest spending a little more for one.
Thanks, Tex66w, good insight. What’s the group consensus, or speculation, will 22 and 23 prices drop when the 24s hit the lot? Or will the supply of 24s be insufficient to affect demand for the final V8s?

Thanks, Tex66w, good insight. What’s the group consensus, or speculation, will 22 and 23 prices drop when the 24s hit the lot? Or will the supply of 24s be insufficient to affect demand for the final V8s?

There's no telling. It has a new motor that isn't as simple as the outgoing V8 and we don't know about longevity or reliability on it to a certain degree. The price point is a huge shift as well, with the sought after models pushing well into the $70's and even low $80's and that's before markups and dealer add's. I think its success will depend largely on the economy/market/rates next year as well. I imagine the outgoing 2nd Gen will take a hit with the new model out but I don't see the late model examples plummeting.

'23 production is done (right?) so there aren't going to be any more of them, other than what may be in transit. Discounts are approaching $10K, already, so I doubt you'll see much better.

Mark

Yea '23 production ended at the end of October. My local dealership purchased a few hundred at the end of the run and I know they still have some yet to come in so I assume they are still trickling in as we speak.

I can't speak for ski's, but here's a couple of photos that may help. The first is the back of my '23 with captains chairs *and the rear seat removed*. As you can see, the CC come with a floor mat for the space between the chairs.

View attachment 3520049

Here's a photo of my size medium 29" mountain bike upright in the back. It fits very easily with the third row out, and would fit with the 3rd row present.

View attachment 3520051

I normally carry my bike on a 1up rack, but may have a need to carry it inside away from prying eyes. I still have the old mount I built for my last (Ford Escape) company sled, pictured below, and think I'll adapt it to my GX.

View attachment 3520052

Mark
That's a very clever mount for the front forks!
Also, with how short skis are getting, even advanced skiers, fitting skis is becoming less of an issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom