Builds Shipwreck (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

done with which project? this one is close

Now that I have the parts, time to assemble - only this time, I've seen the motor run with this controller.... that means tomorrow - got started tonight but had to go off to other stuff

because this is an old motor, it does not tolerate the voltage swings of the vfd - so they added this, basically it operates as a capacitor.
1VvQ1ot.jpg

R8aqDqb.jpg

the controller
ByQw0ik.jpg

there is no need for fuses, this box also has powered stop and has resistors under the case to help with heat distribution. I can also over-power the motor for up to 3 seconds from its normal 9 amps to 16 amps.

still boring, but getting there
n3ZVM16.jpg

dGknSQC.jpg

it has metal rails, I need to paint under the metal then I'll paint the entire trailer....

red because it's different, visible and unique enough that should it turn up missing; more likely to be found (that and I burned the title numbers into key points.... not perfect, but at least it gets a chance of coming home

Man that turned out really nice! Are you planning to mount a winch to it as well?

I’m eternally jealous of your shop and fabrication skills. You crank this stuff out fast! You built a whole custom 40 and a trailer in the time it took me to do an engine swap.

back to the '40

last night I took it for an extended drive and while it's running a lot better cold, warm it's leaning out. The temp sensor that came with the Dakota digital reads warm 220 indicated is more like 180.... so I switch the temp sensor for the dash to the new sensor and it's indicated 140-160 (which is actually pretty close).... so I did some rewiring and I'll try this (it's also in the head which gives a better temp and is where GM put them on their vehicles). Time to buy yet another sensor, though, for the Dakota digital. Yes, it's lifetime warranty but that's the 2nd one they sent that seems defective.... plus it's only like 16 bucks and hassle free.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom