Shift lever assembly question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello,

I am new to Mud so I apologize if this ends up in the wrong place. I have stripped the interior of my '94 80 series to carpet clean and soundproof, and as I was cleaning around the shift lever, a small piece fell out (pic 1 & 2) and I cannot figure out where it goes back into the lever assembly (pic 3). The hole at the top of the piece makes me think it could've been protecting a wire connection, but I didn't disconnect any wires where it could've slid off. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

IMG_4753.jpg

IMG_4755.jpg

IMG_4752.jpg

Last edited:
33659-60030
Look at a part diagram on an online part sales.

15851645045186956260394762902949.jpg

Bumping this thread with another question. The rubber "boot" that seals where the transmission shifter passes through the trans tunnel is ripped. When I'm in drive, the rubber is wide open, allowing water to splash up into the cabin and sit under the carpet on the lever assembly plate (luckily no rust).

I'm trying to figure out the P/N for that rubber piece so I can reseal that hole, but I haven't had any luck looking at the shift lever assembly diagram. Is this a part anyone else has had to replace, and how do you get that thing in there? Any direction would be helpful, thanks.

IMG_5198.jpg

IIRC Toyota calls it a Grommet (?Shift plate), it's lies under the shift plate assembly, The parts gurus will know the number, or your Toyota dealer parts Dept can look it up for you.

You have to remove the shifter handle, center console, then the shift plate
assembly. The grommet is a one piece flat rubber sheet with a boot for the transfer case and one flexible section for the autoshift lever that pokes down through the floor. It sits between the floor and the shift plate.

Photo shows the shift plate assembly with the shifter and center console removed:

Landcruiser Shift plate boot grommet.jpg

Edit: Found it in this thread:

?? 33555-60071

Landcruiser shift plate grommet.png

Last edited:
IIRC Toyota calls it a Grommet (?Shift plate), it's lies under the shift plate assembly, The parts gurus will know the number, or your Toyota dealer parts Dept can look it up for you.

You have to remove the shifter handle, center console, then the shift plate
assembly. The grommet is a one piece flat rubber sheet with a boot for the transfer case and one flexible section for the autoshift lever that pokes down through the floor. It sits between the floor and the shift plate.

Photo shows the shift plate assembly with the shifter and center console removed:

View attachment 2280949

Edit: Found it in this thread:

?? 33555-60071

View attachment 2280969

That's exactly what I was looking for, thanks!

I used the Search function (upper right magnifying glass icon) to find
the thread, it works fairly well; key words, shift or shifter assembly grommet boot, torn, etc, choose This Forum

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom