Setup for a winch truck leafer? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi,

I have a RHD 93 Hilux which i'm going to convert into a winch challenge truck, I want to keep the leaf springs for now and i'll gradually upgrade along the way if I really get into it to (4 link...etc).

This kind of stuff -

So I want to run:

35-37" tyre
Minimal lift
Trayback
Warn 8274 winch front and back

One of the issues with a 8274 on a Hilux is that it pokes allot at the front, so I want to move the front axle as far forward as I reasonably can (to get a better arrival angle) I was going to use trail-gear RHD hi steer, u-bolt flip and re-drill the built plate to give 1.5”. Is there anything else I can do?

I don't have a tube bender so I was either going to get a trayback fabricated locally or I was going to import one of these: http://www.trail-gear.com/product/4699/flat-bed-kit-pickup-1984-1995 are there any other options?

What other shocks/springs/modifications would you recommend to make my truck as good as it can be? Like for instance is it worth integrating shock mounts into the trayback now or should I just use a shock hoop kit?

Hi,

I have a RHD 93 Hilux which i'm going to convert into a winch challenge truck, I want to keep the leaf springs for now and i'll gradually upgrade along the way if I really get into it to (4 link...etc).

This kind of stuff -

So I want to run:

35-37" tyre
Minimal lift
Trayback
Warn 8274 winch front and back

One of the issues with a 8274 on a Hilux is that it pokes allot at the front, so I want to move the front axle as far forward as I reasonably can (to get a better arrival angle) I was going to use trail-gear RHD hi steer, u-bolt flip and re-drill the built plate to give 1.5”. Is there anything else I can do?

I don't have a tube bender so I was either going to get a trayback fabricated locally or I was going to import one of these: Flat Bed Kit, Pickup, (1984-1995) - Trail Gear are there any other options?

What other shocks/springs/modifications would you recommend to make my truck as good as it can be? Like for instance is it worth integrating shock mounts into the trayback now or should I just use a shock hoop kit?

I love this type of build, and wish we had more competition like this in the states!

I have found the trail gear 3 in spring lift for the front already moves the front axle on an inch or so forward. And then you can always drill or use the additional holes on three hole spring perches to move your axle another inch forward.

Subscribed, please keep the thread updated as your progress continues.

Cool! Take a look at the ComeUp Winches. They have a competition winch called the MadX that is perfect for this type of competition. It's very fast! The 8274 is a good winch, no question but in these competitions winch speed can make a huge difference and the MadX will be much faster than the Warn.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom