Sequoia 150a alternator direct swap on 2003 LX (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I bought the plug, wires, and pin to convert my 03 LX470 to the 03+ Sequoia pin-out, but was surprised to find that the alternator hooked right up to my stock wiring. It makes sense that Toyota didnt make more than one 4.7 electrically in 2003, but I was pleasantly surprised that I didnt have any wiring to do.

I was swapping in a new power steering pump, and figured I'd upgrade to a 150a alternator (I run a pretty stout 30+ amp trailer setup plus fridge plus all the iDevices 3 boys can operate).

Now I know...

What is the output of the factory alternator in an 03 LC/LX?

I've been told that a 100-series usually comes with a 100 amp alternator. I believe 80-series came with 80 amp. Maybe 40 series came with a 40? ;)

Does anyone know if this is also a direct swap for a 2006 LX? I think I read in an old thread that newer model years (2003+?) have the ‘square’ plug and are a direct swap but I’m not sure I’m remembering it right and I can’t seem to find it now. I’m looking at part number 27060-0F050 (Or maybe it’s 27060-0F060?).

Yes, direct swap. All the 130-150 alternators, LC/LX/Tundra/Sequoia have the same square plug.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom