September Wheeling - Kansas Krawl III (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I think we just found a solid front axle to Randy's 4Runner :)

My thoughts have been taking me in your direction Bob. After considering the effort and expense of doing a SAS, I think I would be better off with a mini.

Seem to be plenty out there to buy.

As for the Krawl...I'm about 80% and would get in around 8:00 PM on Friday and need to head home late Saturday afternoon.

im pretty sure i can get away that weekend. there is a race in black jack missouri for the kansas series but ill prolly skip it.
im talkin to a guy up in michigan via email about a p/s and disk brake setup he wants to sell. its off a 78 and i dont even know if it will work on mine but id like to get it if it will.
anyone know if a front axle from a 78 would bolt up to a 71...and if the power steering stuff would work? he said id need the box..but everything else is there......except maybe the actual column. he said mine may not work since i dont have a rag joint....whatever the eff that is!

"super secret mods" just sounds cool...its not far from stock ehehe.

im kinda new to this stuff so any help would be GREATLY appreciated!!

does anyone know if my spider gears would be fine or course splined? they are probably stock still.

i think i have tyhe 30 spline..whatever that means. the 67's and older have some other one.
maybe thats a good thing...yes ive been readin.
i cant sit here and wait for a reply all day.
does it ever seem to get mind consuming for anyone else?

Bravo: the best way to prepare is to make sure yer rig will run all day;) Tuneup, fresh fluids, no leaks, brakes are good, belts and hoses...all that kinda stuff. You don't want a breakdown killin' your big fun. There's plenty for all skill levels at Tuttle, and I *highly* recommend hooking up with someone experinced and riding shotgun with them for a while, and then have them get in your truck and give you some pointers as you go. Then it won't be scary or intimidating at all, just good ole fun;)

johnnybravo300 said:
im not sure how to prepare for this...this would be my first real experience. my cherry might get popped!!!

my fluids are pretty new...just changed the oil last weekend...and anitfreeze. i dont have any leaks except maybe a tad from the steering box..which as far as i can tell SUCKS anyway.
my drum brakes suck bad, and they need bled...maybe i can do that before then. i can deal with them for now...till i can get some parts ehehe.

oh...i wasnt very worried about a breakdown...its in pretty good shape...but i dont know if my cage could take a big rollover down one of the tuttle hills as rocky and big as they are. i might just watch when people go through those sections...i cant afford to rebuild it from the ground up hahaha.
id feel confident driving through any of it pretty much except for the most gnarly trails...ive been out there alot on dirt bikes, so i know it can get hairy.

just having someone else around would be better than being by myself out there...i dont know if id do that. too many things could happen.

OK Folks, I am coming too! I now have a job and its over by 57th Street and I-70 in KCK, so I'll just leave from work on that Friday (since I'm already half way there). And yes, the 40 is still the DD, makes rush hour traffic a real experience. Where is everyone meeting in Tuttle? Same campground or elsewhere?
Charlie Vreeland

im not sure where to go either...ive been to the orv trails alot of times but is there another place?
i didnt know if this event was at another area or what.
can we just camp down by the creek itself?
all that driftwood would make an awesome bonfire!!!

should i take the hardtop off ya think? it would be alot more fun with it off i think. whats the norm...that thing weighs a ton.

and is the 40 bucks for the raffle or do i have to pay for something else? i saw something about a registration for a winch but wasnt sure.

also..what day is the main day for the crawl?
looks like i could have saturday and then camp that night maybe.

Last edited:
Hey Robin - is the Hwy 16 bridge open to traffic? Lance & Debie Asher usually come that way and I wanted to let them know one way or another.

I'm planning to camp at the Fancy Creek campground, but am not sure where. There are some new campsites closer to the lake which might be a nice change.

where is that? ive never camped at any campgrounds around there, by the orv area looks awesome!!

Lets try to camp at the newer stuff down by the lake.. Fancy creek campground I think is what it's called.. I'll probably be there early to set up basecamp. I'm hopin for Thurs night..
Gold Ford CrewCab tow rig, Big Green FJ40 with Swampers, I'm guessin you won't miss the FJ40 but might miss the Ford..

I'm taking Friday off as well. Will be down Thurs eve or early Friday.

Bob

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom