September Wheeling - Kansas Krawl III (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

i already have the winch...but it seems like the reverse isnt working right for some reason. i use the winch sometimes to pull big logs out of piles so i can cut them up for firewood. i couldnt get the reverse to work on the switch, and it was too friggin cold to mess with it. maybe i should check on it...might be something simple....i forgot about that until now.

yeah i had thought about that...i just didnt want to take it apart and be totally depressed if it wasnt the remote.
now you gave me new hope!!!

whoo hoooo!!!

Johnny B.,

I had the same concern first time I drove the 40 from KC, but like Mike said the trails will let you go easy or hard. The guys will make sure that you get home okay and will let you know when the hard stuff is coming. I'm not sure if I can make this one or not, but it would be worth it to just watch Mike do the rock garden. I think last time we where there I saw Chris playing in the garden.

Scott

Jonnybravo.. I promise you will be ok.. Beginners welcome in our group.. For starters, you have many options, you can climb in one of our trucks for an hour or so and get an orientation to tire placement, gear selection for stuff, how to eyeball the terrain etc. Or what we've done in the past as well is hop in the passenger seat so you feel more comfortable with what's going on and can get a lesson that way.. Sometimes both, just depends.. We want everyone to have a good time regardless if it's an event or not that we put on.. As far as feeling like you will break and not get home? Don't feel like that at all.. you will get home that I promise.. Many of us have trailers and tow rigs so that's not a problem, Don't feel like you need to fix your winch just to come out and play, we all have staps etc.. We can also try and diagnose your winch at camp.. Why not? you have access to a bunch of gearheads there! And they're stranded with no place to go..

Also, to put you at ease.. if you do possibly break (Highly unlikely) I"m pretty darn sure we can get you fixed there quickly with some of the different pieces we bring with us..

SO, My advice. Come out, have fun, learn.. It's also a chance to see what others have done to their vehicles before you spend a ton of $.. Learn to wheel stock and I guarantee you'll blow the others out of the water if you stay in this hobby.. Don't worry bout nuttin, come out and have fun..

All that being said.. Can you possibly give me a little info on your super secret mods so I would be able to pack accordingly if need be? I'm kinda a parts horde and try to pack so everyone can be accomodated if need be..

Yeah, and listen to him trying to pimp for more mods "Can you possibly give me a little info on your super secret mods..." :grinpimp:

You all are brutal! I'm pretty sure mike's truck has surpassed me this season!
just wanna know if I need to source an NP203 or dana 44 inners or if it's all toyota etc! Sheesh..
Ya know I'd pack a birf for you Mike and Scott!

PS. Scott, wanna build that front axle this fall??

Mike, that sst is out at Eric's I'll try to get out there tonight.. I ended up helping Sage with his Tranny this weekend and fixing the Ford clutch bushing so didn't get out there.. But i'll get it coming..

I'm kinda a parts horde and try to pack so everyone can be accomodated if need be..

:idea: Hey Erik...plan on bringing a solid front axle, so when I bust the IFS you swap it out and send me on my way :idea: ;)

See, now that could be accomplished! If someone has a welder! Some spare springs and hangers!
you would need a double steering arm for the pass side tho!
That's what I'm talking about! Course I'd be making chris bring that axle as I don't have minitruck axles at home just cruiser stuff :)

I've talked to Robin F. w/ the Krawlers about what the $40 includes - dinner Saturday night, a winch raffle ticket ($5) and a door prize raffle ticket ($?).

As a reminder, this event is planned for Friday and Saturday.

I'm waiting to find out if registering on that day is a problem.

Chris

Hi all, been lurking here since the change over, if anyone has any ?? about the Krawl feel free to contact me, I'm the coordinator for the event and local to Tuttle wheelin' freak. Included in the $40 fee is a full catered dinner Sat. night, one raffle ticket for the winch, and a ticket for door prizes. Additional raffle tickets for the winch can be purchased for $5 each or 5 for $20. On Friday there will be competitions, nothing serious, hillclimb, blindmans trail run, and RTI ramp. The comps are $2 each and all procedes will be donated to the SWFWDA Land Action Fund. We will have people available at the Randolph City Park Thurs evening, Friday and Sat. for registration. There's no late fee for registering and registration at anytime isn't a problem. We also have online registration available at Trail Krawlers 4x4 We've also just finished work on a new trail that promises to be every bit as challenging as the Garden if not more so. If anyone can't make the Krawl gets the itch to wheel at Tuttle on almost any given weekend, give me a holler, I'm always lookin' for an excuse to wheel :cheers:

tornadoalleycruiser said:
See, now that could be accomplished! If someone has a welder! Some spare springs and hangers!
you would need a double steering arm for the pass side tho!
That's what I'm talking about! Course I'd be making chris bring that axle as I don't have minitruck axles at home just cruiser stuff :)

We'd have an onboard welder if someone would set me up with a hi-powered alternator instead of the wimpy stock one in my 40!!!

trainrech said:
Didn't know you lurked on a Toyota forum!!! Soon you will be assimilated. Resistance if futile.

The assimilation process had already begun :cool: my oldest son(16) and I were building a '79 mini truck until he decided to play Joe Drift-Racer on a back road a couple months ago. Lost control at 70 mph and after 92 feet and at least one roll, came to a rest in a farmers field. He's into cars now. My youngest(14) just got his learners permit and after looking for mini and not being able to find one we settled on a samurai.

Robin F. said:
The assimilation process had already begun :cool: my oldest son(16) and I were building a '79 mini truck until he decided to play Joe Drift-Racer on a back road a couple months ago. Lost control at 70 mph and after 92 feet and at least one roll, came to a rest in a farmers field. He's into cars now. My youngest(14) just got his learners permit and after looking for mini and not being able to find one we settled on a samurai.

I think we just found a solid front axle to Randy's 4Runner :)

Bob

I think we're up to \
Bob, Chris, Erik, Zane
Ashers, Johhybravo, Mike C..
Maybe Randy?
Should be fun! Dunno if I'll be out Thurs evening or Fri morn yet..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom