September Wheeling - Kansas Krawl III (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

im not sure and may not know until the last minute on this one.
i went for a test run tonight with my wife and daughter. we wheeled the oakland motorcycle trails in topeka. the rocks blocking the entrance are just wide enough to get through...and we went at about 9:30 so it was completely dark. not too much fun stuff to do down there and its overgrown badly. i just wanted to give the suspension a minor workout and put the transfer and front drive shaft through the paces since its been awhile. seems to be pretty solid except for the "CLUNK" every so often.
with the center arm box thingy being out it kinda smoked my arms!!! pounding low gear laps around the motocross track might not have helped either eheheh.

times like that make me realize just how lucky i am to have such an awesome truck.
i stress out about how much crap i need and all the bling bling id like to have when in reality its pretty damn good how it is. now that i think about it i could use some nice aux. lights...yeah...and maybe even a winch for the rear bumper!!!

eheheh...never ends i guess......

hey kirk.......we need to go do some exploring sometime...there has to be something fun we can find that isnt very far away.

my wife and i are taking a nice sunday drive tomorrow (on saturday)...prolly some scenic gravel roads...and 20 mph id guess so we can just chill and talk. i think we are gonna head out towards perry lake on the gravel right across k4....they run right through and come out at the west end of the dam at hwy 285 i think it is??? then through to lecompton and back on "scenic river road" through the hills. if we go slow enough i might even put the windshield down!!!

whooo hooo!!

my plans are ruined either way.
my 2f's lower end went out today.....and i cant do the enduro this weekend cuz im going to colorado in a few weeks and i need to play it cool for awhile. cant be spending 130 bucks on gas for "some stupid endurrrrroooo!!"

Last edited:
still planing on heading out on thur. just me this time. will bring baked beans.

johnnybravo i've got an open shotgun seat

Weather looking great so far:

Thursday: Partly cloudy, with a high near 80.

Thursday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 57.

Friday: Partly cloudy, with a high around 80.

Friday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 60.

Saturday: Partly cloudy, with a high around 82.

Saturday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low near 60.

Sunday: Mostly sunny, with a high around 83.

I am thinking I could roll out Saturday morning is there anything I could bring??? Beer/Food??

And we must refrain from adult beverages at the dinner. It's a family thing.. Ours is too but since I"m guessing their permit is riding on this and it's in a city park, it's just a friendly reminder.. That and Chris, Mike and I are known to drink during raffles.. I think it improves my odds..
NO Chris.. My Mom won't be there so you can't get her wasted.. Those that have seen my mother being influenced by Chris Rech at Razorback and Black Hills would know what I'm talking about here..

Noah.. Will be great to see you again! We gotta talk about a veggie oil conversion on your truck!
YOu planning on hangin with us Sat night?

I've replaced tie rod ends, Steering arms, adjusted Knuckle pre-load, etc on my truck.. Found 2 wasted bushings gonna try and replace them asap..

tornadoalleycruiser said:
And we must refrain from adult beverages at the dinner.
CRAP! So three cases may too much?

NO Chris.. My Mom won't be there so you can't get her wasted..
CRAP!! I mean....I don't what yur talk'n bout

I've replaced tie rod ends, Steering arms, adjusted Knuckle pre-load, etc on my truck.. Found 2 wasted bushings gonna try and replace them asap..
Oh, and my wobble is officially gone!!! Not fixed, but gone

Gonna start cook'n Friday's dinner after work tonight. I'll bring Curly's BBQ sauce (slow cooked with the meat) for Friday but if anyone has a favorite feel free to bring it.

I can't wait....this is the only thing get'n me through this week!!!

So, Erik, does Heather drink wine ( :grinpimp: )? I might be able to round up another couple of bottles of the "good stuff". :cheers:

I'm making corn dip (like we brought to Ashers), and cole slaw for Friday. For the balance of the weekend I'm subsisting on chips and salsa and PB&H, and of course, beer :beer: when appropriate.

hey guys

will someone have a seat for jake on sat so he can ride in an actual operating fj40?...the kid can hardly wait for his to be done and this just may pacify him for at least another week.....or it may intensify his pestering me to hurry and get his done...let me know...he can hardly wait for sat.

thanks
osagecruiser
marc

Fancy Creek campground on the NE side of the Hwy 16 bridge over Tuttle Creek. We are planning to camp in the area which overlooks the lake - just head towards the water on the lower side once you get there. I think I posted a link earlier in this thread with the map to Fancy Creek.

Check post #63 for "Linky"

Yes Heather drinks wine.. BRING it.. She'll drink it..

I'll call Rob soon and see when he's heading out.. Chris you'll probably beat me there I might be making a stopover in Manhattan to unload some parts..

As far as seats go.. Anyone needing a ride us always taken care of.. We'll find you a spot and we'll even juggle people around so you can ride on some of the harder stuff if you so desire..

Mike? Can ya ever have too much beer? Besides.. WE can drink at our camp after the bbq..
Should still be driftwood there right?

trainrech said:
Fancy Creek campground on the NE side of the Hwy 16 bridge over Tuttle Creek.

Uhh, you meant NW, right? :confused:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom