Security for high-value items inside vehicle (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

+1 for secure drawers. Most thieves won't recognize them and they are essentially double locked behind tailgate and physical drawer locks. TrekboxX even has a secondary bolt lock on the side for additional security in the main drawer. Night stays at hotels off the main interstates are always the most worrisome for me so I try to park outside my room window if possible. Other than that, it becomes an insurance issue.

The dudes that stole the last batch of cats from my friends shop (5 trucks worth) - had Milwaukee M18 sawzalls, and spent like 2 minutes a truck.. we have footage.

Going to a mad max armor solution won't work in the 1st world...

Go dark, Make no appearance of high value stuff, keep your cameras in your hotel room. Out in the woods, your gear is most likely fine..

Has bulletproof glass not crossed your mind yet? You could go level 1 or 2 on the glass and get exactly what you want to stop people from getting into your rig without looking like you're in madmax or have a new security truck loaded with really expensive things inside

Has bulletproof glass not crossed your mind yet? You could go level 1 or 2 on the glass and get exactly what you want to stop people from getting into your rig without looking like you're in madmax or have a new security truck loaded with really expensive things inside

Been thinking about that. But there's a logical puzzle there for me. If people can't get in, how do people get out in an accident?

Been thinking about that. But there's a logical puzzle there for me. If people can't get in, how do people get out in an accident?

Not to mention the economic argument. How much will it cost to install BP glass vs the cost of the items you are protecting? Dollars protecting dimes if you ask me.

Not to mention the economic argument. How much will it cost to install BP glass vs the cost of the items you are protecting? Dollars protecting dimes if you ask me

Perhaps the best input yet. All I need to do is lead thieves to this same conclusion, and I'll sleep very happily at night!

I shall move on from this thread now, I think. Thanks, folks, for the good ideas. I'll probably abandon the ladder/bar concept but will continue to search for vendors who might be able to implement more subtle smash and grab protection on the windows and locks.

Find other security threads here:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom