Securing your pride and joy? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I use one of the original “The Club” steering wheel locks. Works fine.

All of the above is great advice. When I have to leave mine on the street - NYC - for a few days, I move it every day so it's not in the same spot. Also, there are so many other high end cars that are more desirable for a cut up shop or a ship abroad operation - i think i am more likely a target for someone looking for a joy ride.

😆

20230519_070659.jpg

I use an insurance policy. But the places I go in the 40 are relatively low risk.

i was taught from a very early age that the best offence against Land Cruiser Chop Shop Bandits is a good solid well kept sharp and true , lubed with WD-40 at each oil change is a MONEY idea , or in short a good defense ...

- sharp true and NOT all worn down to Butter Knife Status Keys in hand is nothing less then a solid plan !

- a sloppy old butter knife status land cruiser actually wears and tears the guts of your key lock cylinders at a aggressive rate , and smoked old saggy and all get out locks are super easy to pick or force turn with a flat head screw driver ....

- now , a NEW OEM key cylinder lock ?

- picking it is next to impossible , starting in 1973 the DOUBLE EDGE cut Keys came on the TOYOTA scene and did there job well too ....

1 BANNER 69510-60010 1 - Copy.jpg

this IS the FIRST double edge cut ever made globally for automotive use , its in the TORKARIKA Museum in japan , ..............Under LOCK AND Double Edge cut KEY !:rofl:

/

image_history11.jpg

(1).png

90999-00420 5.jpeg

1.3.JPG
D3E41CA7-503C-4C8E-982D-78CE56B1ACC3.jpeg

s-l16001.jpg

gold key 11.jpeg
gold key 12.jpeg

gold key 13.jpeg

I'm reading a lot of fear here! Are you all in developing countries?!
I have a 77 HJ45; if I was really afraid of my community (all of whom can drive a manual), then I might put a clothes peg on the Engine Stop knob. Finding the glow plug switch would stop most people, and the handbrake will stop the rest anyway.

Triple sticks...leave a couple in neutral

20221002_125958.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom