Builds Sean's j4 build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'd do a proportioning valve. Just in case.

Summit has some for a pretty reasonable price

Update! : the rock cruiser has been going on slowly but planning on stepping up the pace to be ready for the fall/winter. Here in az, there's no sense in wheeling in the ridiculous summer heat. So only a bit more welding on the cab for now. Here i deleted the area where the fuel tank was mounted . It was a bit rusty
20160328_140802.jpg

These cab corners turned out pretty good for a first-time rolling sheet metal. It was a bit thick so there ended up a crease near the bottom.

Now I'm wondering if I should lower the cab more. Maybe help with cog and just height clearance. I could lower it about an inch before the motor hits the hood. Any input is welcome guys.

Is the cab at "stock" height?

cab height does not do all that much to COG, but if you can lower it easily, then why not.

You're right Mace, I guess the cab isn't heavy enough to mess with cog. Ill just do enough to where I don't have to hack up much. It is sitting higher on the frame than a stock one would look if I can remember. That I don't think will be an issue

Along with fitting the cab Im also playing the motor fitment. We decided to go with a black box so with the extra length in mind , we scooted the motor forward as much as possible and tested the clearance
20160407_145559.jpg

The wheel also fits the wheel well nicely. And although the truck isn't gonna see that much flex right away, I wouldn't want to come across the issue when it does.
So is it common when installing a doubler that the front d shaft will end up a few inches longer than the rear d shaft?

Very common

I went this route with the black box because I plan on driving her to and from trails / exploring camping and wanted more gearing options in low, I just hope low/low isn't too slow ! The doubler is in finally!! There's not much info on how people set up their linkages so this will be a learning experience.

20160928_225855.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom