Sealed windshield, still wet carpet. Sunroof drain ? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I sealed my windshield last weekend, go to get in today and find wet carpet on the driver side. It didn't even rain but was really wet/foggy

Onto the sunroof drains, if I pour water down the driver side drain it drips into the cab from this spot pictured. Is that a plugged drain or missing tube even? Passenger side drain doesn't leak anything into the cabin

Yep. If your windshield is for sure sealed well then you probably have cracked or disconnected sunroof drain hoses. Time to pull the headliner and A-pillar trim to repair or seal up the sunroof and disable the switch. If you choose the later route, check out my build thread for a couple ideas.

I had the same issue on both sides but I'm pretty sure the lines are still intact and connected. I pulled the drain lines out of the kick panel and ran weed whacked wire and a hose a little under the size of the ID of the drain line through to clear things up. Tested them and they drain fine now. I found that the sunroof drain inlet hole was completely plugged up top with debris so I cleaned that as well. I also temporarily removed the rocker panel rubber plugs and took a zip tie to the slit drains.

We've had pretty heavy rain the past couple weeks and the inside is dry now.

front windshield 100%
Im agreeing with skhochay. That's where mine would leak. Thought is was sealed twice and had to go back with the 3m window weld. If it's the window it will drip to the outer low corner of the of the gasket which you can see through the tiny opening where the windshield meets the dash or may have to look up from the drivers floorboard. I think mine leaked in multiple spots at first but before the last redo that fixed it, you could see the water coming up on the glass side and running over the gasket so it seemed like it was getting in at the bottom glass side seal on the outside. If the electrical connectors are corroded you might need to use the salt and vinegar trick to clean them up.

just confirmed it's not the windshield....couldn't replicate the leak with a hose on it

It's the sunroof for sure, closed it and wet the top. Instant water leak at that spot. Have some work to to

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom