School is out, the fun begins. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Updates?

Any more progress on this?

Any more progress on this?

Still deciding on what to do about my bad brake proportioning valve.

Weber Carb came in though :D

webercarb.jpg

Marching Band is almost over! I promise more updates when I have free time.

Last edited:
What happen to the OEM carb if you haven't said already?

What happen to the OEM carb if you haven't said already?

I tried to rebuild it myself and one of the tiny screws on the choke shaft broke off. After that I then got confused with all the parts. I have all of them labeled and in a box with the carb, and I don't want to put it back together because I would be afraid of forgetting it was broken. So it's in a box in the garage with all the parts.

And I also had intentions of getting a rebuild carburetor from Advance Auto, but they couldn't get a core, and when they finally did, it was broken so we got our money back.

And to be perfectly honest the OEM carburetor is ridiculously complicated for what we are going to do with the engine. The weber will be easier to install and tune, with headers installed, and smog equipment removed.

I'm in no way dissing the aisin carb, i am just analyzing my needs for this project.

Thanks guys!

I'll have an update after dinner ;)

Pre-Dinner. I couldn't resist :D

Oil Pan and Head On. Head torqued to 90 ft lbs

IMG_2415.jpg

IMG_2416.jpg

Brake Stuff finished up. And Painted Timing Cover.

IMG_2413.jpg

IMG_2414.jpg

Should have some stuff done after dinner too.

90 ft lbs was the middle of the range for toque spec on the head. Sound okay to ya'll?

Thanks
-Alex

MORE!

IMG_2424.jpg

IMG_2425.jpg

Timing Cover installed.

IMG_2426.jpg

I need to get some air rail plugs. Haha

IMG_2427.jpg

More work from tonight.

IMG_2429.jpg

IMG_2430.jpg

IMG_2431.jpg

Man I love those headers.
:cheers:

Show us a properly repaired oil galley plug while you've got that thing out.

Also, did you have to use washers to install the header? I have read about that, but haven't seen the pictures, so I don't totally understand it.

Thanks for the hot air tube, BTW. The manifold mount for the bottom is different from my 87, which has come type of cloth attachment and is broken.

Show us a properly repaired oil galley plug while you've got that thing out.

Also, did you have to use washers to install the header? I have read about that, but haven't seen the pictures, so I don't totally understand it.

Thanks for the hot air tube, BTW. The manifold mount for the bottom is different from my 87, which has come type of cloth attachment and is broken.

I think the machine shop put in a new factory style plug. it looks new anyway.

IMG_2285.jpg

I don't think i want to mess with it.

I ordered all new mounting hardware for the intake/ exhaust and used all of it. Washers included

That's amazing it already got there. too bad about the mount though.

The front three tubes on those headers look like they're bent out to accommodate the stock EGR cooler. Are they set up to be used with the smog system?

The front three tubes on those headers look like they're bent out to accommodate the stock EGR cooler. Are they set up to be used with the smog system?

I imagine you could use them with the smog system but there are no ports on the manifold like the stock manifold.
I have no intentions of using EGR cooler. I think I threw it away haha

I think the machine shop put in a new factory style plug. it looks new anyway.

IMG_2285.jpg

I don't think i want to mess with it.

That's amazing it already got there. too bad about the mount though.

Have you seen the discussions about the oil galley plug failing? If not, you might look into it. But, maybe someone w/ more experience than me will know.

No biggie on the Air tube mount. I'm going to use the one you sent me. It's more substantial and should fit- right after I change my intake/exhaust gasket.

Have you seen the discussions about the oil galley plug failing? If not, you might look into it. But, maybe someone w/ more experience than me will know.

No biggie on the Air tube mount. I'm going to use the one you sent me. It's more substantial and should fit- right after I change my intake/exhaust gasket.

Yeah I have seen the discussions. I'm not going to worry about it. It seems like most of the cruisers it happens to had other problems before the galley blew. i'd rather have it blow and know somethings wrong with the engine. (if that makes any sense)

Have fun with your gasket job! Tearing apart a cruiser is fun. Label and bag your bolts. and take pictures!

Here are some more detailed photos of the header and intake bolt.

The first one makes the exhaust and intake look a little lopsided but they are level.

IMG_2433.jpg

IMG_2439.jpg

IMG_2440.jpg

The header is the same thickness of the recessed half bolt hole on the intake. so it fits real nice.

I think I may have to shave a little of my power steering pump bracket off because it rubs against the header a little bit. So once we get that taken care of it should be ready to go.

And do you fellas know any reasons why my brand new master cylinder is leaking? thats really ticking me off...

IMG_2443.jpg

Thanks Guys!

How did you get the block to the machine shop? I've got one sitting on a stand loaded with everything except the head. I'm debating selling my lift since I won't be needing it for a while...
Is it heavy?

How did you get the block to the machine shop? I've got one sitting on a stand loaded with everything except the head. I'm debating selling my lift since I won't be needing it for a while...
Is it heavy?

I stripped the block all the way (oil pan, dist, fuel pump, oil cooler, pistons, crank, etc all removed) and then me and my brother wheeled it on the stand over to the car and our Pilots rear cargo area was low enough that we just had to put some boards under the block then unbolt it from the stand. Then repositioned it to be more stable. Two guys should have no problem moving the block around.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom