SCC '12 (Oct 11-14) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So, who all is coming?
That I know of: Myself, John S., Sid, Nick H. Never heard for sure if Henry is making it.

This has been so confusing... LOL! I know it's not funny to you Steve.
Yeah, this thread has quite a few "subthreads" within. Certainly not too funny for a while there, but the dust is settling and hopefully everything works out as originally planned.

Yall please register if you are making the trip. We are trying to get our numbers together to do some last minute planning. Hope to see y'all there.
I finally registered. My hopeful guests are long shots now so the deed is done for goin solo.

Get Michael and the guys at ACC to throw a truck on that trailer!
Jeff, if you wanna let them know I got a spot, I'd be happy to discuss it, but none of them have posted in this thread yet and it's been up for a long long time. I do have one spot for a short wheelbase rig though. If you know anyone between Atlanta, Chattanooga, Nashville and Memphis that doesn't want to trailer that far.....:hmm:

Put this out in the Annual thread but puttin it here for the actual discussion: Are we still gonna have time to work on the trailer at all with the annual going on?

Hey Steve where are y'all leaving from? ATL?

Hey Steve where are y'all leaving from? ATL?
Not exactly. I'm going to ATL on the weekend of 6/7 October to pick up the trucks. Then I'll be bringing them to SORVP on Thursday, the 11th, for SCC. The guys are working out riding over together independently of me.

Jeff, as an aside, and totally seperate topic, did you ever find any of last years SCC stickers that I could get?

I might have one or two. They were not done on the right material so they won't last. I'll look.

I might have one or two. They were not done on the right material so they won't last. I'll look.
That's exactly why I want one; the last one was gone in like two months. Maybe I can use some packing tape or something to make it last longer this time. I'll ask ya when I see ya if you found any.

Liven up this thread a little bit...

The trailer is loaded and ready for its voyage to Memphis and then to Superlift...quite saddened by not being able to take the Franken80, but my good ole West Coast buddy is letting me take his 40 :grinpimp:

trailer4SCC.jpg

Told you we would end up renting that thing out while you were gone. :flipoff2:

Just to good a truck to let it just sit around.

Trip back was uneventful other than part of I-40 being closed and having a 20 mile detour on surface streets. :frown: Not one strap got loose and none of the rigs moved so much as an inch - miraculous! :clap:

On another note, I stopped by to see Andy on my way through Jasper and got some good news and some bad news - both interrelated. For those who haven't heard (probably no one since it kinda *just* happened), Andy is gonna be at the Crawl with his 40! :bounce: The bad news is that he is able to go because Rob apparently can't make it now. :frown:

Trip back was uneventful other than part of I-40 being closed and having a 20 mile detour on surface streets. :frown: Not one strap got loose and none of the rigs moved so much as an inch - miraculous! :clap

You must of had some "amaysing" help strapping those beasts down...

I am ready to get off work so I can go home and finalize my packing...MY new portable refrigerator, ohhh i am "Dave's" is working great on its practice run at the house and I look forward to using it in Hot Springs...

You must of had some "amaysing" help strapping those beasts down...
Haha, nice one! And yes, I had LOTS of Amaysing help Sunday. I owe someone big time! :wrench::beer:

I am ready to get off work so I can go home and finalize my packing...
Same here... 'cept I gotta START before I can finish. :doh: Gotta go buy or fix a pump so I can get the fuel into the tanks too.

MY new portable refrigerator, ohhh i am "Dave's" is working great on its practice run at the house and I look forward to using it in Hot Springs...
I'd like to get in on that testing too! Frozen drinks on the trail anyone? :hmm: hahaha :cheers:

I am calling truckfridge next week about one . Dave will Have to monogram the fridge to match his chair.

so what are the chances of 4 rigs fitting on that thing after all? 3 looks good but 4 might be reeeeaaalllly tight. Not sure even my rear bumper would be high nuff to fit up top.

so what are the chances of 4 rigs fitting on that thing after all? 3 looks good but 4 might be reeeeaaalllly tight. Not sure even my rear bumper would be high nuff to fit up top.
I could make another fit. It wouldn't be quite as difficult as you think. The angle of the pic also adds to the illusion of being no room. But yes, whatever went on the upper deck would have to be short or angled some most likely. Plus, I'd say that I could actually gain another 2' of space just by tightening up these three a bit more.

By the way guys, right now it looks like I may be able to come back to Atlanta on the last weekend in October, the 27th, to drop the trucks off. Not in stone yet, but really good chances if I have the fuel to make the trip.

:crybaby::crybaby::crybaby:Damm I'm headed back to the Firehouse in the a.m. instead of to HotSprings:crybaby::crybaby::crybaby:

The rig looks good steve, only that middle truck should be BLUE!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom