Builds SAW`s 87 LJ73 thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Rocksliders continues:

3001.jpg

Made some supporting pipes in adjustable cardboard:

3002.jpg

3003.jpg

3004.jpg

3005.jpg

More sliders:

3101.jpg

3102.jpg

3103.jpg

Spot welded them while they were in the trestle.

3104.jpg

Tested them after they were completely welded:

3105.jpg

G'Day Fella's,

Thanks for confirming the cause of rust SAW.
We are so lucky here in Oz, as they usually only spread fine gravel on roads in Winter, and only in Alpine areas.

Looking Good SAW!
The Bedliner product, not only works well, it looks the part as well (including on the Sills).

I'm thinking at having Bedliner applied on the under side, of the inner guards (Sills, etc), on my BJ73.

D'oh!
Homer

G'Day Fella's,

We are so lucky here in Oz, as they usually only spread fine gravel on roads in Winter, and only in Alpine areas.

Looking Good SAW!
The Bedliner product, not only works well, it looks the part as well (including on the Sills).

I'm thinking at having Bedliner applied on the under side, of the inner guards (Sills, etc), on my BJ73.

D'oh!
Homer

Reactions: saw
G'Day Fella's,

Looking Good SAW!

D'oh!
Homer

Thx Homer!

At this time of year it`s not only the lack of salt I envy u down under, guess it`s the opposite of winter there too! Cold and about 0,5m snow and snowing as I`m writing, brrr...
A great idea to use bedliner everywhere extra protection is needed. At one point I considered using it on my flooring instead of the carpets.

And then over to some pics.

Earlier this autumn I received an email with this:

3301.jpg

Hurried over to the shop where w fully printed set was ready for my approval:

3302.jpg

3303.jpg

I must admit that I liked it alot. Looking very similar to the ones Mr. T delivered back in 87.

Then it was made an appointment for my LJ:

3304.jpg

And sticked to the car it looks like this:

3305.jpg

More pics. My LJ has got aftermarked fender flares. That`s why the stickers goes under the flares, this is what my car looked like when new:

3401.jpg

3402.jpg

3403.jpg

And some pics with flares mounted, this is pretty much what the LJ looks like at present day, about 2 years of work summed up:

3501.jpg

3502.jpg

3503.jpg

3504.jpg

3505.jpg

So that`s it, thanks for watching. Feel free to comment etc. :beer:

Thx!

Chased down an oem altimeter for the dashboard. Since its supposed to be installed where my cup holder currently sits I had to do some minor changes.

01K.jpg

02K.jpg

03K.jpg

04K.jpg

05K.jpg

Made myself a new cupholder to sit on my new centerconsole. First in cardboard, then final in aluminum. Easy material to work with.
Pics:

001k.jpg

002k.jpg

003k.jpg

004k.jpg

005k.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom