SAS #2 Medano Pass Convoy (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

POTATO LAUNCHER

TLCA #6928
Threads
We are planning on leaving Sunday morning August 5th from Amarillo and primitive camp in the back of the Great Sand Dunes NP. Route will be North on Hwy 287 to Raton, NM. I-25 over the pass to Walsenburg, CO. arriving early afternoon, then a short drive up and over Medano. Monday morning we can use the showers and restrooms at the park before the drive into Ouray. I am tagging all parties that have expressed interest and those that could make this with us. Southeastern states heading West obviously.

@CenTXFJ60, @cornboy , @Mr Cimarron , @4Cruisers , @CaptClose , @fl4031003 , @Dirtydawg , @NMC_EXP , @abtx4x4 , @Yackster , @BombCity , @iCruiser , @Dixon Santana , @ceylonfj40nut , @The Jade Bean
@roma042987, @MTNMAN133

My shop and property is available to anyone that wants to camp out. Temps at night in this part of Texas are very nice.
Please respond if you plan to join us. Thanks, Casey..

Medano Pass Primitive Road - Great Sand Dunes National Park & Preserve (U.S. National Park Service)

Last edited:
I will be leaving from Chicago on Monday morning so no convoy for me. Wish I could.

10-4, if you need anything on the way through give me a hollar.

I am in

Plus my two boys

I’m in too

Slight change of plans for the better fellers. McGuire is working on a ranch in the National Forest near Pikes Peak. We have been invited to stay at the ranch on the Sunday night. The dunes are cool but after some thought, finding dispersed camping spots on Medano may prove difficult with a large group. We will be guaranteed a place a few miles up the road and can Cruise over to Salida from there to have lunch on Monday.
I think some of our Eastern states guys are going to meet us there.
A little over a week and it's go time...

@NMC_EXP , @EasternYeti, @dogfishlake

Last edited:
14 that I can think of unless @dogfishlake , @EasternYeti and @NMC_EXP join us along the way. Possible route would be West from Woodland Park towards you and then South to Salida.

14 that I can think of unless @dogfishlake , @EasternYeti and @NMC_EXP join us along the way. Possible route would be West from Woodland Park towards you and then South to Salida.

I am going plan on this. Had hoped to leave early this week and poke around a bit but things not going well here at all. Lots of prep to do yet, and other work that has to be done first. If I can push through the next few days I sure will be ready for a vacation! I can still leave a couple days later than planned and make it to meet you guys on Sunday so that's what I'm doing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom