Sankei 555 complete upper and lower control arms now available? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Trunk Monkey

Threads
Looks like Sankei 555 is now offering complete upper and lower control arm replacements for the 100. Looks like stock caster, but great they include the joint and bushings already, huge cost savings over OEM. @cruiseroutfit they in stock and available?

Capture3.JPG

Looks like Sankei 555 is now offering complete upper and lower control arm replacements for the 100. Looks like stock caster, but great they include the joint and bushings already, huge cost savings over OEM. @cruiseroutfit they in stock and available?

View attachment 3267224

They are! :cool:

We are very pumped about these. I was actually getting ready to do an update on them in our vendor section too.

You can read more about them here on Mud:

SUS100FCAKITJP_1__89123.1677798849.png

This is a very cool solid option.

This is great, I’m super stoked I just bought 4 oem control arms a few weeks ago lol

Well.. the OEM lower and uppers are at US$308 and $272 each respectively at partsouq.com. I ordered a set (2 uppers and 2 lowers + two No#2 busing and paid about $250 Fedex shipping to TX.

Well.. the OEM lower and uppers are at US$308 and $272 each respectively at partsouq.com. I ordered a set (2 uppers and 2 lowers + two No#2 busing and paid about $250 Fedex shipping to TX.

You're right, if you have the time to order from some of the off-market parts dealers, they can be a great deal. For those that need great parts shipped today for delivery as soon as tomorrow, all backed by a member of the community... we're here too ;)

You're right, if you have the time to order from some of the off-market parts dealers, they can be a great deal. For those that need great parts shipped today for delivery as soon as tomorrow, all backed by a member of the community... we're here too ;)
I did some close inspection on the control arms posted here and those looks very well made, I'd say looks oem. The price clearly reflects the quality I guess.

These arms will surely help many 100 owners who are in a rush to do control arms to stay away from poorly made Chinese junk.

If the bushings are decent this shaves $300-600 +wait time for anyone that orders from the overseas like partsouq or buys all the parts to refurb their ones. My mechanic just changed my uppers and lower ball joints and he only charged me $600 but only becuase I have a spare car he didn’t have to rush to get the old ones out. Cool story aside, I would have paid $945 for peace of mind of having brand new arms.

• Looking at the pictures of these LCA from sankei 555. I do not see gap, between C clip of LBJ and control arms. A plus IMHO. :) Kurt @cruiseroutfit can you confirm "no gap"?

• Nice to have alternative. Cost for one. Alo: Toyota' upper and lowers, could become NA anytime.:)

• Be interesting to see how they stand up over time, compared to OEM. :hmm:

I've installed a lot of 555 LBJ and a lessor extent upper 555 (UBJ) ball joints.

I've also had to replace some 555 LBJ. None that I have installed But ones that some very well know shops in my area, installed. In each case I found the boot a hole In each case history indicate low miles on them. I suspect the boot in these failed ones was not removing during install. Which can resulted in a damaged boot. Additionally, 55 has a glob of grease in boot. This grease needs packing in and around ball and its steam, to be of any benefit. So failures I've seen, may be from improper install.

But I've had one other concern with 555 ball joint also. They pressed into OEM LCA to far. In that they press in about 2 to 3mm deeper, than OEM. This results in a reduced gap between steering knuckle and LCA. Which compresses boot more than needed. Sometimes I see these boot fold inward. This condition is further aggravate in a lifted rig. This reduced gap, has had me concerned that it could pinch a hole in boot on full droop or even normal driving. The locking C clip, when Ball joint fully seated, has the same amount of gap (of 2 to 3mm) between it and top of LCA. I've often wanted a spacer to place under control arm in seat (between top of ball joint seat and lower (underside) of seat of LCA) where ball joint housing is press up into. Which would increase space for boot.
555 RH, factory new LCA LH. gap ~2-3mm (3).JPEG

Any additional updates or feedback?

I suspect the LCAs are high quality and may even weigh a few ounces more than OEM. Maybe it has to do with the way I go about installing the LBJ by removing the boot and spreading grease afterward that is a reason for my success. I have been happy with the 555 LBJs -- and I play ruff offroad.

Any additional updates or feedback?

I suspect the LCAs are high quality and may even weigh a few ounces more than OEM. Maybe it has to do with the way I go about installing the LBJ by removing the boot and spreading grease afterward that is a reason for my success. I have been happy with the 555 LBJs -- and I play ruff offroad.

We've got a great deal in the wild. All positive feedback.

• Looking at the pictures of these LCA from sankei 555. I do not see gap, between C clip of LBJ and control arms. A plus IMHO. :) Kurt @cruiseroutfit can you confirm "no gap"?

• Nice to have alternative. Cost for one. Alo: Toyota' upper and lowers, could become NA anytime.:)

• Be interesting to see how they stand up over time, compared to OEM. :hmm:

I've installed a lot of 555 LBJ and a lessor extent upper 555 (UBJ) ball joints.

I've also had to replace some 555 LBJ. None that I have installed But ones that some very well know shops in my area, installed. In each case I found the boot a hole In each case history indicate low miles on them. I suspect the boot in these failed ones was not removing during install. Which can resulted in a damaged boot. Additionally, 55 has a glob of grease in boot. This grease needs packing in and around ball and its steam, to be of any benefit. So failures I've seen, may be from improper install.

But I've had one other concern with 555 ball joint also. They pressed into OEM LCA to far. In that they press in about 2 to 3mm deeper, than OEM. This results in a reduced gap between steering knuckle and LCA. Which compresses boot more than needed. Sometimes I see these boot fold inward. This condition is further aggravate in a lifted rig. This reduced gap, has had me concerned that it could pinch a hole in boot on full droop or even normal driving. The locking C clip, when Ball joint fully seated, has the same amount of gap (of 2 to 3mm) between it and top of LCA. I've often wanted a spacer to place under control arm in seat (between top of ball joint seat and lower (underside) of seat of LCA) where ball joint housing is press up into. Which would increase space for boot.
View attachment 3269414

2001LC,

thank you for the assessment you gave here. Did you ever find answers in regards to the press depth issue? Do you recommend still sticking with OEM LCA for as long as we still have them available?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom