Sandblasting (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a few trouble spots on my truck and im curious has anyone spot blasted areas on the body? I dont plan to go body off but patch the spots with damage. Is dustless blasting a better choice to avoid filling the truck with sand?

I have spot blasted many an area.the method of cleaning and preparing metal for repairs definitely depends upon the extent to which you are willing to go to effect repairs.if you worry about dust filling your truck,you may want to consider cutting rust out and welding in new metal.rivits and tar are best for planes and roofs,i believe.

Oh ill be putting new steel in! Just want to get all the filler out and rust to see how far to cut out

I use 40 grit disk on a low speed grinder polisher with a soft pad to strip filler and paint
And red 3m rollock disks for smaller areas and around rust holed areas to not wreck my sanding pad

Be very careful with general blasting of large body panels however...a good blaster will be cautious and not warp your panels...an agressive
one may just blast away and your panels will look like the ocean...lots of waves!