SOLD San Jose, CA: FJ40 radiator (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Vehicle Model
  1. 40 Series
Hey guys, I need an OE radiator for my 1974 FJ40. It's OK if it's not great looking as long as it doesn't leak (it'll be going to a radiator shop for a refresh).

I'm in San Jose, CA and can drive within a couple hours to pick it up, otherwise I'll need it shipped. PM me!

TIA.

Hey guys, I need an OE radiator for my 1974 FJ40. It's OK if it's not great looking as long as it doesn't leak (it'll be going to a radiator shop for a refresh).

I'm in San Jose, CA and can drive within a couple hours to pick it up, otherwise I'll need it shipped. PM me!

TIA.
Just buy one from Cityracer, he’s not to far from you. Appears he’s not shipping again til after Christmas.

it took me 4 old radiators to get one confirmed to be good at a rad shop.... just a word of caution, many will look good or great but fail testing -- these are OLD haha

I have a stack. And …my son will be here in a few days from Santa Clara and may be able to drive one back home with him.

it took me 4 old radiators to get one confirmed to be good at a rad shop.... just a word of caution, many will look good or great but fail testing -- these are OLD haha
I just went through this with 4 radiators that all appeared perfect. All removed from 40’s and no signs they were ever leaking, once pressure tested the shop said it would cost more to fix than just buy new ones.

Yep..... I was a little shocked by these events at my local rad shop -- but after 40-50 some odd years of service they become somewhat perished internally....
Good luck to the OP

Thanks guys, I picked one up for a decent clip that had a header plate leak; I would've bought one from City Racer when I was just there, but the leaky one was already being recored at a local radiator shop. All done now! Closing out the thread.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom