For Sale San Antonio 2013 lc (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

John, I was very seriously considering it. I had a buyers inspection on it a few weeks ago. They have an additional $1k in dealer fees that they don't disclose and are unwilling to reduce/ waive because of the margins on their vehicles. I called them out on it and referenced an AARP article specifically advising seniors to be leery of those sales practices. This is how they attempt to offset costs, I was told. In addition to buying at auction for $X and reselling for $X+markup.
FYI- this buyers inspection info is valued at $109, yours free! Inspection revealed rear door/ side panel respray, fresh engine oil leaking in two spots, and some missing components (headphones/ remote, one side of engine skid plate, etc).

Nice that is good to know. As I'm looking for a white w black lc possibly lx. He charges 109 for each inspection?

John, I was very seriously considering it. I had a buyers inspection on it a few weeks ago. They have an additional $1k in dealer fees that they don't disclose and are unwilling to reduce/ waive because of the margins on their vehicles. I called them out on it and referenced an AARP article specifically advising seniors to be leery of those sales practices. This is how they attempt to offset costs, I was told. In addition to buying at auction for $X and reselling for $X+markup.
FYI- this buyers inspection info is valued at $109, yours free! Inspection revealed rear door/ side panel respray, fresh engine oil leaking in two spots, and some missing components (headphones/ remote, one side of engine skid plate, etc).

That is very good information - thank you for sharing. I abhor huge dealer fees that aren't included the price, and I won't buy from dealers that aren't transparent about their fees.

Also FWIW I think $109 for an inspection is totally fair and could easily end up savings thousands in the long run. Pre purchase inspections, especially for long distance purchases, really couldn't be more important. The 200 is a great reliable truck, but if things do need to replaced it is not cheap.

Nice that is good to know. As I'm looking for a white w black lc possibly lx. He charges 109 for each inspection?
Yes, he is very easy to talk to (ie. doesnt use technical lingo, or talk over you. He wants you to understand what youre looking at) He also sends several pictures and a multi page report, and writes out in detail, his findings. His website says just central TX- Austin and San Antonio, but he told me that he will travel all over the state, if requested.

Also FWIW I think $109 for an inspection is totally fair and could easily end up savings thousands in the long run. Pre purchase inspections, especially for long distance purchases, really couldn't be more important. The 200 is a great reliable truck, but if things do need to replaced it is not cheap.

Like many of us that took/ are taking the plunge on a 200- maintenance is key when considering pre-owned and has been a considerable factor in the hunt. @mcgaskins I have read several of your posts in the forums and it has helped me outline more of my ideal 200.
Frustrating that dealers markup because of scarcity and usually don't see enough 200's to answer questions intelligently.

Id be a little leery of buying from this dealer.. They have a lot of fees that are mandatory along with non negotiable prices that tend to run from high retail up to obnoxious. I looked at a Suburban 2500 with the 8.1 big block motor there last year. they were asking twice the market value and wouldnt budge on the price even after I waved a blank check in front of them that just needed an amount filled in.

I've also been considering this 200 but need to sell my Tundra first. Spoke to a lady there today and it might be sold but I had her skype with me and walk around the truck and look underneath. Both headlights are hazy on the flat part on top (parked outside, not garaged?), has an off brand replacement windshield, no floor mats, several small scratches and rock chips on front bumper and when she went to start it the battery was dead and it wouldn't start. Underneath it looked rust free other than the exhaust pipes, dealer fees are $789.

I test drove this LC. It drove well. It did have a little humming from the tires as to be expected. There was also a small vibration in the gas pedal but nothing ridiculous. There was what looked like to be caked on red dirt in certain parts under the vehicle, not much but I did notice. I was looking at purchasing it but it was not in the cards as they only wanted to give me 24k for my clean 2008 clean Salsa Red LC with 90k. Good customer service. Looks like they sold it already.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom