Builds "Sage" My 65-FJ45 finally makes it home! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

cppilot

1965 FJ45 LPB original second owner
SILVER Star
Threads
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Just got my 1965 FJ45 home last night. It's been 14 months but we finnaly got her done. A good
friend and I have spent many hours on this truck. Here are a few photos I promised to post. I will post up more later.

It's a 1965 FJ45 that was bought new from Hayward Toyota in 1966****
Original to the truck- a Toyota PTO Winch with the original chain and hook****
T-66 Brass tag****
1977 FJ40 front end with disc brakes - completely rebuilt with new everything****
1975 doors that were completely rebuilt using new Toyota Rubber, handles and seals****
(We also completed the Original Doors) so I have both sets. I used the new door plates from "Dom"
Thanks Dom.
Toyota FJ60 power steering****
1963 Original Stamped bezel****
Original F135 motor with 3 speed transmission and a floor shifter option with original shifter knob****

I have always wanted to do this and I finally succeeded.

image.jpeg

Hey Whitey Thanks NFS

image.jpeg
Before photo, this was a fantastic base to start from. Zero rust! Made this build a lot easier.

Everything went back together just fine.

However we still have a naging issue:
The 4WD light stays lit all the time. It's not in fourwheel drive, the light switch at the transfer case has been replaced with a new OEM one and still stays lit. With the dash light on we unplugged the switch and the light remains onWe are still puzzled by this.

Does anyone have any other thoughts we might try?

Thanks

Thank you.

Man, what a rig! Lots of hard work in that. Well done.

Thanks, cult45. I do know now, why not many ever do this twice! Lots of parts hunting and trips to the plater.

Last edited:
Yeah you really gotta love it to do it. That's why there's so many unfinished projects for sale. But you did it! Which means you probably will again..

Looks fantastic. And thanks for the motivational kick in the pants !

Some of us recognize the rare little parts and the small details and know the effort it takes to find them.

Good job !

Thanks Bear, I'm still sporting the other set of Splits I got from you a few years ago on my Red FJ45.

Mark

Eye candy and motivation for those of us trying to get there. Great looking truck!!

Very nice Mark!! Love the color! Now go enjoy it!

Thanks Ken, that's the plan.

I can't stop watching these pictures. Amazing job! I like that color. Actually I like the whole thing! You should put in the stock doors IMHO (but maybe I'm too much of a purist?)

oh, and get rid of that tywrap!

(@andybudge, a couple of years FFW and you have this)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom