SOLD Safari Snorkel 40-series - Sold (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

AlbertoSD

SILVER Star
Threads
I have a brand new 40-series Safari Snorkel I bought from Cruiser Outfitters a while ago. It is still unopened in the box it came shipped.

Cruiser Outfitters sells them for $447 new:

Cruiser Outfitters

Asking $350 shipped anywhere in the U.S. (edit 7/27)

IMG_8571.JPG

IMG_8572.JPG

Last edited:
Hey! I just picked up a trollhole carb and was wondering if it would fit it. I've never actually seen a snorkel attachment under the hood. do you need a stock-like air cleaner or is there an air cleaner in line on the snorkel? I ask because I don't have an air cleaner yet and wanted to get a snorkel eventually. So Id just skip that step if it's not needed....

I'll also be out your way next week so depending on where you are, I could pick it up. Coming from western PA out to Cincy. So if you're in between, maybe we could save a few $$ on shipping??

You will need some sort of air cleaner. The snorkel should come with what is shown on the photo below:

image.jpeg

Then if you have a 2F engine, the connection under the hood should look something like this:

image.gif

And if you have a B series Diesel engine, the connection under the hood should look something like this:

image.gif

You will need to make a suitable connection to whatever air cleaner you end up choosing for your engine compartment.

Hope this helps,

-Alberto

You don't necessarily need an air cleaner to attach a snorkel to your carb... If you don't need the air cleaner for various connections (i.e. Smog pump, dizzy vent, PCV vent, etc.), you can use a Cobra Head Elbow to connect the snorkel hose to your carb.

Here's an example... It's also available in stainless. COBRAHEAD ELBOW - Parker

Be sure you get the correct diameter, to mate to your carb and your hose.

I currently have a weber 34/36, so no, I don't necessarily need one then I guess, but don' you need some kind of element inline to trap dirt and such from getting into the intake air stream of your engine?

I currently have a weber 34/36, so no, I don't necessarily need one then I guess, but don' you need some kind of element inline to trap dirt and such from getting into the intake air stream of your engine?

Search is your friend... Check this thread... There are several examples of snorkel installs and various air boxes, filters and carb connections... Check Alex's (@SouthBostonFJ40 ) install... Around post 35. fj40 snorkel filter?

IIRC, Alex was thinking of removing his snorkel... He may have parts for sale.

ThAnks pngunme! I just saw this classified and started looking into this and hadn't searched it just yet.

AlbertoSD, I'll get back to you soon about this. Obviously, if someone else has PayPal in hand right now, they get the deal. Thanks guys!!

payment sent. shipping instructions included in payment notes. cheers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom