Builds Ryans 3 linked FZJ80 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

From the other day right before I cut all the bs off of it. Install is going smooth will take some more pictures.

A92D0A22-16E5-4FBA-88C7-92690279D18D.jpeg

New radiator, water pump, fan clutch, belts, power steering lines, trans lines, all coolant hoses and heater valve.

60E576BA-F650-4667-9DF4-7265E98D4E5C.jpeg

As a museum curator I find myself disturbed that someone would cut up a nice original 80 Series example in order to create something the vehicle was never intended to be. The 80, in it's original state, is the most all-use-capable motor vehicle ever offered by ANY manufacturer.

I really struggle with seeing this vehicle being "fixed" when it is far from being broken.

One man's opinion of course.....:)

As a museum curator I find myself disturbed that someone would cut up a nice original 80 Series example in order to create something the vehicle was never intended to be. The 80, in it's original state, is the most all-use-capable motor vehicle ever offered by ANY manufacturer.

I really struggle with seeing this vehicle being "fixed" when it is far from being broken.

At least I kept the Toyota front axle :grinpimp:

Conceded. :)

My dear friend Photoman says "If it aint broke, fix it until it is."

:lol:

**yawn** What a boring world this would be if everybody left their cars stock and put them in museums. This country's car culture was not built on leaving cars the same way they rolled off the production line. I'm glad people here like to push the limits and question that status quo.

The CX racing header will not fit without notching the passenger side tower, so I am just going to sell the header. It is brand new and never even really mocked up because it won’t fit in there.

You can see the flange of the header.. it sits forward about 3” compared to stock.

7099CA00-61D9-4DEE-9C10-439C1DEFD19E.jpeg

Sand blasted the stock rusty exhaust came out good. Gonna throw some black high temp paint on with new gaskets

F1375C24-3A30-4963-98C7-E9D4F3649436.jpeg

**yawn** What a boring world this would be if everybody left their cars stock and put them in museums. This country's car culture was not built on leaving cars the same way they rolled off the production line. I'm glad people here like to push the limits and question that status quo.

I could dump a barrel of fun into talking about how awesome the Land Cruiser is in the stock form and I kind of agree with Dan, but you know what you are doing, Jose, and that kinda matters. Changing everything is a science in and among itself. Just keeping one of these in stock form in good nick is a challenge. The fact that you can just keep building is a testament to you as an engineer.

I could dump a barrel of fun into talking about how awesome the Land Cruiser is in the stock form and I kind of agree with Dan, but you know what you are doing, Jose, and that kinda matters. Changing everything is a science in and among itself. Just keeping one of these in stock form in good nick is a challenge. The fact that you can just keep building is a testament to you as an engineer.

That said, this is some heavy duty s***.

Thanks Red Merle I appreciate that. I chose to build the 80 series because of how iconic and how world renown it is. And yes I do agree in stock form it is one of the most capable vehicles ever produced. I am just one of those people though that no matter what I do I have to make it my own and modify it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom